Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Blue Screen Again
makos83
Accepted Solution

Using the laptop with external devices

Hi, I'd like to use my y570 as a dektop computer without using its own display, but the system goes asleep when I close it. of course. Where can I change the settings for that? Thank you

topmahof
Topics: 35
Kudos: 350
Solutions: 234

Re: Using the laptop with external devices

Hi makos83 and welcome to the Community,

Windows 7, I presume?

Control Panel, power options, click change plan settings in your power plan.  Then click change advanced power settings.

Then click power buttons and lid.  Then lid close action.  click sleep  and it will open choices.  click do nothing.

You probably only want to check that when it's plugged in.

If you change your power plan, you'll have to do it again.

Dave

If someone helped you today, pay it forward. Help Someone Else!
English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
Blue Screen Again
makos83

Thank you very much.

It is my first laptop I worked only on big workstations untill one week ago. Another question by the way:-)

Is it normal, that the operation system is not installed on the ssd as supposed (logical) but on the 5400 rpm?

Thanks again

topmahof
Topics: 35
Kudos: 350
Solutions: 234

Yeh, it's normal, but I don't know why they do it that way.  Seems backwards to me. There's some threads on this on this board.

Plus, if you burn recovery discs from the bigger platter drive, I'm not sure they would work on the smaller ssd drive coz the partitions are different sizes.

Dave 

If someone helped you today, pay it forward. Help Someone Else!
English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество