Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
agriffith317

V570 BSOD and automatic reboot

I have had my V570 for about 3 months now.  The last 2 months, I randomly get a BSOD and then the laptop automatically reboots on its own in the middle of me working.  It has occurred at various times (ie- when the computer has been on for a few hours, when different programs have been running, etc....no real pattern).  I contacted tech support who told me they could not do anything unless I had an error code from the BSOD, which is quite difficult to obtain since there is a ton of information on the screen and it is only up for a matter of seconds.  

Anyone else having this problem, or have any advice?  

Community Moderator
dragnoak

Re: V570 BSOD and automatic reboot

[ Edited ]

Go into Control Panel -> Administrative Tools-> Event Viewer. Launch the Event Viewer by clicking on it.

In the middle panel click on +Error to open the list.  Highlight the error you think is causing the machine to shutdown/reboot. All the relevant  information will be presented to you in the bottom frame. Highlight subsequent errors to view them also.

To go back to the "Overview and Summary" page, use the upper left blue Left arrow, under the "File" of the Event Viewer.

Learn how to use these tools, to report your problems. 

DragonRider

I'm DO'ing IT
Lenovo Y470 085525U 2nd generation Intel® Core™ i7-2630QM processor ( 2.00GHz 1333MHz 6MB )
IdeaCentre A520 Intel® Core™ i5-3230M processor ( 2.60GHz 2600MHz 3MB )
YOGA Tablet 2 Pro-1380F
T420
Paper Tape
agriffith317

Thank you for the help DragonRider!  I think I found the error: "The computer has rebooted from a bugcheck."  But I have no idea what that means, or if there is a frequency I can set for the computer to perform these "bugchecks" so that it doesn't occur in the middle of my work.  

Seems like a fairly simple way to obtain the error.  Makes me a little weary of the tech support since they could not instruct me to do this!  

Community Moderator
dragnoak

You can use "Windows Action Center" to report, and solve some of these problems.  Make sure you have an internet connection, when running the problem reporting.

Here is some information about the Action Center:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/What-is-Action-Center

Here is a video:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-US/windows7/products/features/action-center 

DragonRider

I'm DO'ing IT
Lenovo Y470 085525U 2nd generation Intel® Core™ i7-2630QM processor ( 2.00GHz 1333MHz 6MB )
IdeaCentre A520 Intel® Core™ i5-3230M processor ( 2.60GHz 2600MHz 3MB )
YOGA Tablet 2 Pro-1380F
T420