Support in other languages: 
What's DOS?
bob10

V570 HDMI to Sony Bravia - No signal detected.

Connect Lenovo V570 to Sony Bravia KDL-40BX421 via HDMI.  TV indicates "No signal detected".  Tried all 3 HDMI inputs on TV w/o success.

Using same HDMI cable for all tests.

My older Sony Vaio laptop connected to Sony Bravia by HDMI works correctly.

Vaio - Dispaly "Mobile Intel Series Express Chipset Family", Driver date 7/28/2009, ver 8.15.10.1855.

Lenovo V570 HDMI connection to Samsung LN46A550P3F works (Vaio also works correctly).

V570 - Display "Intel HD Graphics Family" Driver date 3/25/2011, ver 8.15.10.2342.

Attempted to update drivers from Lenovo website.  Laptop indicated my drivers were already up to date.

Contacted Intel for help.  Feedback recommended I contact OEM as Intel provides generic drivers that OEM may configure.

I reviewed posts of similar nature and tried the HDMI connection first followed by powering up Bravia and V570.  No success.

Any feedback would be appreciated

Community Moderator
yigit

Re: V570 HDMI to Sony Bravia - No signal detected.

hi bob10,

can you try to upgrade tv's firmware first from sony's official website?

http://www.krasotaiskusstva.com
What's DOS?
ILikeMusic

Unfortunately yigit, it is not a sony issue.  This is a common issue all of us are actually having with our HDMI outputs: they don't bleeping work.  And it has something to do with the drivers and the Windows 7 family:  booting with a Linux based operating system clears it right up.  You probably already know this and also know that it's an issue Lenovo isn't willing to put the time into in order to fix while we're all sitting on our asses trying to use the HDMI ports we paid for.

Sincerely,

A customer who wishes he didn't pay for an HDMI port. 

What's DOS?
beels99

Ugh. Another V570 owner here whose hdmi cable has worked with some televisions and all monitors. But it won't work for one t.v. Has anyone had any success with Lenovo or Intel in working on drivers? My computer is under warranty and a non functioning hdmi port, whether it is a driver issue or not is grounds for a return in my book, and I will be an unemployed college graduate in a couple weeks with plenty of time to waste yelling at them on the phone.

Well if anyone figures this out let me know, in 3 weeks I'll get on the phone and begin attempting to get something resolved.