Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fanfold Paper
07stiltd
Accepted Solution

V570 Ideapad repair parts shortage, any idea when the parts will be available?

Your PC is currently on hold due to a service parts shortage. Please check back periodically for further updates   

That is the current status listed under my warranty repair status update.  Since this failure appears to a common problem, any idea as to when I'll get my laptop back?  Been at the depot for a week now....  Having to wait on parts supply is NOT a confidence inspiring message.....

Community Moderator
yigit

Re: V570 Ideapad repair parts shortage, any idea when the parts will be available?

have you tried to contact support line for further informations?

due to my absence, i may not reply your posts and/or personal messages

http://www.ki-themes.com
Fanfold Paper
umsaf

Re: V570 Ideapad repair parts shortage, any idea when the parts will be available?

Do you know whom else we can contact because support line only gives the same info as the depot repair status webpage. Is there any way to contact the depot?

As of now my laptop has been non-functioning/at the depot for just about as long as I owned it before this (common) problem began. Do I have to just sit & wait?

Thanks for any info you might have.

Fanfold Paper
07stiltd

As stated above, callin only gets me the same information that is displayed on the depot status webpage.  My laptop has been in Lenovo's possession for 10 days now.... 

So glad I bought a new laptop....  Still posting from my 6yr old toshiba....

What's DOS?
sreiner-ky

I have the same problem.   I purchased a Lenovo V570 laptop at Best Buy in mid-December.  In early February, the laptop completely died.  It would not show any signs of powering up -- no lights, nothing.  I contacted Lenovo support and sent the laptop back to them.  They received it on Feb 16, and on Feb 17 the status changed to "waiting on parts", and that's what the web site says today.   So, I've just hung up from speaking with their depot repair center folks.  The person I spoke with said that it's a problem with the motherboard on my PC, and they expect to receive the parts on March 1 (later this week).  He said that he would put notes in my file to document today's call, and that I should expect to receive my repaired PC sometime next week (2-3 business days after the part comes in).  We'll see....

Fanfold Paper
07stiltd

Well that is good news sreiner-ky.... At least they gave you a time-frame on when they are expecting the parts to be in. Hopefully we will both have our shiny new laptops back next week :smileyhappy:
Fanfold Paper
07stiltd

Just got the email that my computer is repaired and on it's way back to me. Maybe I'll have it by the end of the week :smileyhappy: Finally!!!
802.11n
velenoso666

07stiltd wrote:
Maybe I'll have it by the end of the week :smileyhappy: Finally!!!

Which week? :smileyfrustrated:

What's DOS?
sreiner-ky

That's good news.  Hope you get it soon.  I'm hoping to hear something today or tomorrow....  

Good luck!

Fanfold Paper
07stiltd

velenoso666 wrote:

07stiltd wrote:
Maybe I'll have it by the end of the week :smileyhappy: Finally!!!

Which week? :smileyfrustrated:

That would be the question velenoso666....  The tracking information they sent me last night doesn't show up in the fedex system yet, so I guess it will be next week....  Oh well.  I'll be happy if I get it back and it works again :smileyhappy: