Support in other languages: 
Paper Tape
SpatialAnomaly
Accepted Solution

V570 No wake up, No video and now... no power

[ Edited ]

I've got a V570 that is about a month old or maybe a little less. It ran no sweat all yesterday. I let it be at night after checking my emails one last time and I assumed it would just go to sleep as it normally does but I can't really confirm that it did as I also went to sleep.

This morning I came in and attempted to wake it up and nothing happened. Power button LED was lit up along with some of the other standard lights... but no video, no fans coming on, nothing. So I assumed that maybe it crashed or locked up. I held the power button and it shut off. I waiting about 30 seconds and fired it back up. It whirred to life but still no video. So I waited... and waited... and still nothing. Again, I shut it down holding in the power button.

Unplugged everything from it (USB wireless KB and Mouse, External monitor, Wacom USB drawing tablet) including the power cord. Flipped it over, popped out the battery, all looked fine, set the battery back in place. Flipped it over and hit the power button and nothing. The LEDs weren't even lighting up this time. So, I thought maybe the battery is a dead unit... I plugged it back in and still nothing. No LEDs, no fans, no nothing. Popped the battery out and plugged it in to power and the LEDs flash but all that happens when I hit the power button is what I'm guessing is the CPU fan comes on at full speed. I'm not sure if this laptop can be run without the battery installed when the power is plugged in though... My old HP allowed that so I thought it was worth a try.

I'm on hold as I type this with Lenovo support but I thought I'd branch out and see if anyone else here is experiencing this or has a solution. I use this thing for work, it's been solid for the time I had it but **bleep** it's gonna make my week suck if I can't get it up and running again.

Edit - I forgot to mention, I tried the onekey recovery button when it was powered off and got no results doing so.

What's DOS?
jgoch

Re: V570 No wake up, No video and now... no power

Please post the answer you get from Lenovo.   I purchased three of the v570 systems late in November.   The second one has now had a complete death like your experience.   The units went to sleep and then completely died.   

I have seen other posts with the same serious issue.  

You are not alone in this experience. 

Paper Tape
ewood

Hi,

Did you get any answer to this?  The same thing happened to me this morning on my V570.  When I hooked up an external monitor to see if I could get any information to what was going on the screen booted up like it should.  I would really like to know what the issue was so I can prevent it from happening again.

Please share any info you received.

Thanks!

What's DOS?
jgoch

Yesterday Lenovo support had no specific answers.   This was "new" news to them supposedly and could only guess that some updates from Microsoft are causing serious conflicts with drivers.   They had me turn off the automatic updates and manually accept updates dealing with seccurity. 

Meanwhile,  later last night, the third of the three machines I purchased in November died.  Now the record stands at 3 for 3. 

Retired Employee
Serge1410

Hi All,

apologies on what had happen to your units.

could you PM to me the following :

Name:
Mobile:
Email:
MTM [machine type model]:

(To locate MTM - http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/FindProductNumber.page#find)

Serial Number (S/N):
Date of Purchase:
Case/Order Number : (if any)

Screenshot of Error(if applicable) : (upload it to a hosting site and paste the link here)

Location of unit : Home / Repair Center (delete where appropriate)

Description of issue :

Troubleshooting Taken : (if any)

What You would like us to do :

WW Social Media
Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
Have you checked out the Community Knowledgebase yet?!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.
Paper Tape
ewood

[ Edited ]

Serge1410 wrote:
Hi All,

apologies on what had happen to your units.

could you PM to me the following :

Name: Elaine
Mobile:
Email: xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
MTM [machine type model]: V570

(To locate MTM - http://support.lenovo.com/en_US/FindProductNumber.page#find)

Serial Number (S/N): xxxxxxxxxx
Date of Purchase: 12/15/11
Case/Order Number : (if any)

Screenshot of Error(if applicable) : (upload it to a hosting site and paste the link here)

Location of unit : Home / Repair Center (delete where appropriate) home

Description of issue : Computer put into hibernation mode at night, next morning turned on computer and black screen.

Troubleshooting Taken : (if any)  Turned computer off using power button and restared, nothing.  Turned off again and attached hdmi cable and separate monitor and turned on.  Both screen turned on just fine.  Computer worked as normal the rest of the day.  That night shut down computer.  This a.m. turned on and no screen. Tried alternate screen to see if it was trying to tell me anything, but that screen was black also.  Removed both corded power and battery power.  Replaced corded power nothing.  Replaced battery power nothing.

What You would like us to do : Tell me how to fix it, or should I send it in. I am very sad because I researched this computer and have been very happy with it until this. 

Moderator Note; s/n & e-mail edited for member's own protection

Punch Card
ElectricHead

Hm, sounds similar to what happened with my Z570 at the weekend. Left it running during the evening, came back to it but the screen was off. Powered down, restarted and the screen was still dead. After unplugging and removing the battery (and putting everything back, obviously) it no longer responded to the power button at all.

I took it back to the retailer and exchanged, so no solution here unfortunately just chipping in to say me too (maybe).
What's DOS?
Biggsly1

I am having the identical issue. Sounds like it is not isolated based on the number of responses in this thread.
What's DOS?
whbsmith

[ Edited ]

Hi all,

I have the same problem.  I have removed the 20V power supply, the battery and pressed the power button for 30 to 40 seconds (as read in another POST) additionally both memory sticks were removed and reinstalled.  Still, no lights, no battery charging indicator, no power led.  Nothing.  I am a long-time technology professional and this has happened on a few Gateway and Acer notebook computers, but each of these systems had a system reset service button either underneath the battery or located in an easily accessible location (after an access panel was removed - i. e., the memory compartment).  I am at a loss on this one.  Does anybody know whether (or not) this model has a "system reset" button located somewhere inside the unit?

Paper Tape
fesperd

I had exactly the same issue you described at the top.

I bougth the laptop on December 10th and yesterday was not working anymore.

What is the Lenovo solution for this?

I'm out of US now - how can they help me?

Thanks is advance - Felipe.