Support in other languages: 
What's DOS?
samvado
Accepted Solution

W 7 locks up , sometimes with bluescreen+boots every 3-5 h -

Hi

I own a Z370 with W7 home premium, 4 GB RAM, 1 TB HDD

It shows this unnerving phenomenon:

when I work with my computer after about 3-5 hours it starts to lock up. First the HDD LED lights up and burns continuously for about 2 minutes, then it turns off, and the screen is locked completely. When I catch it early I can still close applications, but usually I dont watch the LED so I am caught with the lock-up. In rare cases I get a bluescreen, but only in one out of every 50 times.

When I leave the computer on during the night it does NOT lock up, neither does it re-boot.

I have of course checked for viruses, did a complete re-install from scratch, disabled all start-up programs and all unnecessary system-tasks too via msconfig. Makes no difference.

I did a RAM-Check with 4 instances of  MEMTEST and the HDD is fine too.

I cant find a BIOS update for this model, else all other drivers are the latest.

This phenomenon started about 3 month ago - I own this computer since 6 month.

any pointers?

-sam

tanujhanda
Topics: 3
Kudos: 80
Solutions: 65

Re: W 7 locks up , sometimes with bluescreen+boots every 3-5 h -

Hello Samvado and welcome to community,

The issue indicates something is going wrong with the laptop, first you should reinstall the Operating System and check if the issue persist and you are well versed with the hardware installation then remove the wireless card and check.

If the laptop works fine after removing wireless card then it need to be replaced, if the laptop is in warranty then you should contact the support center after Operating System installation.

Country or Region

Language

Telephone number

Hours of operation

Supported products

Germany

German

01805-366-869 
(0,14 €/Min aus dem deutschen Festnetz. Max 0,42€ /Min aus dem Mobilfunk)

9am-6pm Monday - Friday

Lenovo Notebook / IdeaPad / Lenovo Desktop /IdeaCentre

Best Regards,

Tanuj

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution".! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

What's DOS?
samvado

do you know if it is possible to install XP on that model? especially if the low level HDD driver is available? I know all the others are but when I tried it would not find the HDD

if yes please post a lik to the driver

Community Moderator
Zehnsteine

What's DOS?
samvado

I have now switched the WiFi off (physically, with the switch) and use an external wifi adapter.

since then I only get one crash per day at the most, and only after more than  10 hours , I only had one crash in total since then.

its not solved but much better - now the question: is the chip defective or is it a driver problem? I have the latest drivers as per driver genius.

tanujhanda
Topics: 3
Kudos: 80
Solutions: 65

Kindly do a fresh installation of Windows 7 and then get the drivers from the website.

If then also the issue and laptop is in warranty kindly contact the support center.

Best Regards,

Tanuj

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution".! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

What's DOS?
samvado

Found the source: I installed a SSD - and use my former HDD as external e-sata drive. Sincen then the problem disappeared.