Support in other languages: 
Paper Tape
Y550pFan

Weird Cancellation issue- laptop already shipped?

[ Edited ]

OK here's the deal. edit- Country is USA

on June 10, I ordered a brand new Y550p. I was very excited.  Later that night I started reading horror stories of Lenovo's reliabilit, hardware issues, and the 20+page thread on this forum, with Y550P owners having severe freezing issues.

June 11, 5 am in the morning, I emailed customer support asking if I could cancel my order and be refunded.  Later that day I recieved a response saying (essentially), "OK, we haven't charged your card yet, are you sure you'd like to cancel?"  I replied to the same email address saying "Yes, please cancel the laptop"

June 12, I recieve an email saying my laptop has SHIPPED (???).   I now have a tracking number via UPS ground delivery.

Does this mean they've charged my card and are now sending the laptop to me?  What is going to happen with my cancellation request? 

I'm thinking, if I'm already being sent the laptop, and they've already charged me, I will just keep it and hope for the best.  But I hope there isn't some weird situation where they now expect me to send the laptop BACK, and they won't refund me??

Very confused.  Thanks for any help

andyP
Topics: 182
Kudos: 711
Solutions: 631

Re: Weird Cancellation issue- laptop already shipped?

Posting your correct country location in your profile, as per the forum rules, would be a help. Products, options and services vary from market to market. Knowing your location helps members help you.

Andy  

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos
Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you. Forum Search Option

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.
FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.

de.gif  Deutsche Community   es.gif  Comunidad en Español  uk.gif  English Community

PepperonI blog 

Paper Tape
Y550pFan

sorry for any confusion- info is updated. I am located in the USA

Paper Tape
Y550pFan

well...now my tracking info has been stuck at Billing Info recieved all day.. who knows what's going to happen. I'm going to call my credit card company and see if the charge has gone through yet.