Support in other languages: 
Serial Port
djonepl

Weird Things Happening Y510

Well heres a new thing that i descovered recently, When i was watching tv my laptop was in front of me and some website was open. While i was changing channels on the tv i noticed from the corner of my eye that the website was scrolling down. I thought to my self na maybe it just skipped but yet no last night i actually pointed the remote straight at  the laptop and the bookmarks pane started poping out in my Firefox :-D any one expirience simular problem, i mean its not a problem i was just wondering what is picking the IR.

--
Y510 - 15303
WinXP SP2
Punch Card
marcelo1251

Re: Weird Things Happening Y510

Keeps happening? What's your TV model/brand?

I'll try all my remotes and will get back if something happens to me!
Serial Port
djonepl

My TV is LCD Westinghouse

I use a universal remote Logitech Harmony 1000

it is really weird it only happends sometimes not all the time.

Thanks for trying to help out :-D
Punch Card
stunner

[ Edited ]
The Y510 has its IR located in the front of the palmrest bezel.. next to the SD card slot. The Harmony series remotes from logitech are learning remotes, so it probably probed your pc until it found the protocols the Y510 responds to.

yours
el stunnerifico

Message Edited by stunner on 04-14-2008 11:22 PM
Serial Port
djonepl

Yea, i know what ur trying to say, but heres the thing in the version of the laptop that i bought there is no IR :-/ just a red plastic. I wish there was IR. At least i dont see the IR anywhere in the configuration. Can the webcam pick up IRs ??
andyP
Topics: 185
Kudos: 680
Solutions: 609

The answer possibly lies in this thread, unfortunately the member never replied as to whether or not this was the case.

andyP wrote:
I didn't think Y510s had Infrared, is it not maybe?
Quote from users Handbook

CIR port

For use with a Lenovo remote control. You can use the remote control to operate Lenovo Shuttle Center. For details of the remote control operation, see the instructions supplied with it.

The Handbook can be found here if required.

Andy  

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos
Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you. Forum Search Option

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.
FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.

de.gif  Deutsche Community   es.gif  Comunidad en Español  uk.gif  English Community

PepperonI blog 

Punch Card
marcelo1251

Perhaps IR is just not listed there as it is part of another component or maybe disabled somehow.

I'd give it a try with a Media Center remote... mine's broken now :smileysad: but there's another on its way here. Will post as soon as I get it.
Serial Port
djonepl

[ Edited ]

So did u get that media center remote i can tell u that it still happening when i use that logitech remote :-D booksmarks are poping out in my firefox

And ill tell you that much there is no IR in the laptop is not working my nokia has an IR connection and i was trying to connect using IR and its says that a problem occured the sftware might not be installed or there is no proper hardware. in the device manager i got no IR and no yellow "!" :-/ so i have no idea whats going on :-D

Message Edited by djonepl on 06-11-2008 10:35 PM
What's DOS?
FlashBang

Re: Weird Things Happening Y510 tv remote and cir

[ Edited ]
I have this laptop and my Tivo remote consistantly makes my laptop beep and opens the bookmark all tabs dialogue box in firefox. It will also wake the display when it times out.   Has anyone figured out how to turn off cir? 

Message Edited by FlashBang on 06-19-2008 08:51 PM
Retired Guru
skripatch

Re: Weird Things Happening Y510 tv remote and cir

Either physically turn off inside the notebook by plugging it off, or put a sticky untransparent tape on it.
//help will save the world