Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fanfold Paper
ecbritz
Accepted Solution

What exactly happens when you press OneKey Rescue button?

The documentation in the Lenovo Y560p User Guide does not give enough information about the consequences of pressing the OneKey Rescue button. Its not even clear what exactly must be done to "rescue" the operating system.

I gathered that you either hold down the Onekey Rescue button while switching on and booting up, or you simply press the button while Windows is running. In both cases, screens will appear which will guide you through a process of repairing or reinstalling the operating system. I this correct? Or do you start OneKey differently?

If you do start OneKey correctly, one way or another, what actually happens? Is the whole C: drive stripped of all its contents, as if you were re-installing Windows from its original installation disk? Do you have to go through all the steps of a standard Windows re-installation -- such as saving important data before stripping it away? Or does OneKey leave everything intact except the damaged part of Windows?

Where can I find detailed and comprehensive information about using the OneKey rescue button?

802.11n
velenoso666

Re: What exactly happens when you press OneKey Rescue button?

This might help

Fanfold Paper
ecbritz

Thanks for the link, but it is a youtube link which I am unfortunately not allowed to open, due to internet censorship in the country where I find myself at this time. Is there perhaps a comprehensive document about the OneKey function I could download? Or could someone just answer my questions right here? The User Manual unfortunately falls short.

topmahof
Topics: 35
Kudos: 366
Solutions: 238

Hi ecbritz,

Here is some reading for you.  Start here, there's links to other threads about onekey with other links to KnowledgeBase articles about onekey and links to other threads about it.

Dave 

If someone helped you today, pay it forward. Help Someone Else!
English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество