Support in other languages: 
Fanfold Paper
4thDoctorWhoFan

Where is the Y710 with the T9300 processor???

Nobody seems to be selling the Y710 with the T9300 processor.  Is there a problem with the computers or production?
I would really like to purchase one, however not even Tiger Direct is selling them and when I called Tiger they mentioned they have no plans to carry the Y710 with the T9300 processor.

What's going on here?  Is there a updated model coming out soon?
JaneL

Re: Where is the Y710 with the T9300 processor???

Interesting.  The ideaPad version of tabook  (called ipbook) says availability for that is February which isn't over yet, and TigerDirect's website says, confusingly enough, "Coming Soon" and "No longer for sale".  Perhaps the TD sales rep you talked to was not fully informed?

English English Community      Deutsche Deutsche Community      Español Comunidad en Español

Jane

ThinkPad Slate, T410s, X301, X200 Tablet, T60p, HP TouchPad, iPad 4, iPhone 5S, IdeaTab A2107A, Yoga Tablet
I am not a Lenovo Employee.
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Fanfold Paper
4thDoctorWhoFan

Now I am confused.  What is tabook or ipbook?
When I do a search on Tiger Direct using Y710, the only search result is the base model without the T9300 processor.  The T9300 version does not show up in the search.  However, if you enter Tiger Direct's part number for the model with the T9300 (T70-17002) it says this product is no longer available.

Confused!! :smileysad:
JaneL

The *books are technical references for different products.  tabook is the one for ThinkPads; ipbook is the one for ideaPads.

Click on the link for ipbook in my original message to see the current version.

English English Community      Deutsche Deutsche Community      Español Comunidad en Español

Jane

ThinkPad Slate, T410s, X301, X200 Tablet, T60p, HP TouchPad, iPad 4, iPhone 5S, IdeaTab A2107A, Yoga Tablet
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Fanfold Paper
4thDoctorWhoFan

Ah, got it.  Thanks for clearing that up and thanks for your help. :smileyhappy:
Although, I have not seen the 'coming soon' message from Tiger Direct regarding the Y710 with the T9300 processor.  The only message I have seen at Tiger Direct regarding the Y710 with the T9300 processor is 'this product is no longer available'.

Hopefully this is only a oversight and they will be available soon.  I hope it's before Dell offers their notebooks with these latest generation CPU's because I might have to buy a Dell instead.  HP already offers a model with the T9300 but as I have never bought a HP notebook, I am reluctant to start now, but I will if they are the only players offering the new processors.
JaneL

Here's the page with both the "New Item - Photo coming soon" and "THIS ITEM IS NO LONGER AVAILABLE" messages:

Makes you wonder, hmmm?  ;-)

Jane

Fanfold Paper
4thDoctorWhoFan

Thanks for the link!

As I stated earlier, when I talked to the sales rep at Tiger, he stated that they are NOT available any longer.  When I asked him whether or not his system showed when they would get them in stock, he replied that his system was showing nothing about when these units would be in stock.

Oh well, perhaps Tiger and Lenovo know something we don't. :smileyhappy:
Fanfold Paper
4thDoctorWhoFan

Guess they solved the problem because the Y710 with the T9300 processor is now listed on Tiger. :smileyhappy: