Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fanfold Paper
magister

Re: Widespread Y560 Display Problem?

@pepemosca, I was think that they must know it and most likely did anyway hopping for the best and even if they service it they wont fix it just send me the same think back saying its "normal", but now that you mentioned it, I will contact them and see what they say maybe am wrong and they will fix it, I keep you updated.

*BTW switching to 16bit is not a solution either for me I just checked since its 6-bit panel that color is 18 bits or 262K colors and 16bit color is 65k color so no pixels should be dancing since the panel supposedly supports that,

BTW did you just notice that most regular screen monitors are 16.7 M colors and they are trying to push on us a 262k colors that's just ridiculous in my opinion, it is year 2010.

Token Ring
pepemosca

magister, I will call them saying that "pixel dance" and the "ants arround the edges" is not a correct way of working.

The problem will be how many days will they take my notebook of from me.

It's my only and personal notebook.

I'm in Argentina, so the timing is different than in USA... That's why I apreciate your experience in this matter to do here the same and faster.

But I must say: I'm sure Lenovo will fix it. They should.

I will call them on Tuesday and let you know what they said, hopefully they will fix fast.

Serial Port
seeker_moc

I'm having the same problem, and switching to 16-bit doesn't help either.  I can see the same problem, even in the BIOS screen, so I doubt the whole 18-bit panel thing has anything to do with it.  I don't think it's a video card problem either, because when I hook my Y560 up to a HDTV, the picture is perfect, even though the duplicate image in the laptop is still shimmering like crazy.  Also, not everyone is reporting having this problem.  I think some of us just got a bad batch of LCD panels.

After looking around online, all of the currently offered laptop screens, whether from AUO or Samsung or LG, all have the 18-bit displays.  Then I looked and read that the TN panels used in laptops are all only 18-bit.  Most full-sized computer screens are the same way, but they still advertize them as 16million colors because they can simulate other colors using dithering.  HDTV's and a few LCD monitors do have true full 24-bit color, but they are all $500+ monitors.  However, I've never seen a laptop screen (or any LCD screen for that matter) that has the sparkling problem that this one has.

I called in and set up a warranty repair, and sent mine off today.  They said it should be back from the shop in 5-7 days.  I hope they can fix the problem, and I'll be sure to let you know if they do.

Token Ring
pepemosca

seeker_moc and magister, please... keep us posted about your experience with the warranty service.

I've called the warranty here in Argentina today. After a few test, they ask me to send it to a Service Center. I don't know yet how much time will it take to fix it.

Hi,

I called lenovo Today and after spending around 15min on the phone they setup a appointment for return, They paid shipping both ways as I got my return label in the email with instructions.

The turnaround time is 5-7 days with my shipping included in this time + 3 days to ship it back.

We see how it will go and how long it will take in reality.

Token Ring
pepemosca

magister, did they told you what will they do with your computer?

I called today to the warranty service, and I will take my computer to the Service Center on next Tuesday, they will take at least 4 business day to see what's wrong.

Then... We will see how much time it takes to import the spare part to Argentina.

pepemosca, All they said that they will run diagnostics test on the computer to see what's wrong with it and repair it as necessary.

*when I was talking to the representative she took notes about my problem with the LCD and she said it will be attached to my case number, I also explained how its visible when you tilt the screen about 60 degrees and how its visible on the background image and many websites with grey colors.

Serial Port
seeker_moc

Well my laptop arrived in the service center today, and they even sent me an e-mail confirming they received it.  Let's see how long it takes them to get it back to me, and whether they fix it.

Fanfold Paper
magister

seeker_moc, please keep us updated.