Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Punch Card
Tommaso

Re: Widespread Y560 Display Problem?

Thank you very much for the reply.

So, what is the name of good LG screens? Where can I checked it? The warranty service don't want to replace bad screen panels?

The bad screens have very annoying issues? I wached a few movies on youtube, but I saw nothing beside black frames around the edges of the windows.

In poland y560 (i3, 320gb) costs 2780zł (about 885$)

The parts are very good for me, I go to college now and I would like to play GTA IV or far cry2 from time to time.

Punch Card
Sheva24

LENOVO please fix terrible screen.its so annoying

Token Ring
pepemosca

[ Edited ]

Tommaso,

The LG screens is not completely confirmed that doesn't have all the problems.

The ants around the edges still here, even with the new BIOS update. Check this topic back for more information on what's remaining unsolved.

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/IdeaPad-Y-U-B-and-Z-series/Widespread-Y560-Display-Problem/m-p/246542/hi...

Keyboard, its OK for me. Maybe I can complain about the Ctrl. I need to hard-press it to get it work. But it's OK, not terrible.

The fingerprints: yes... is a magnet.

Ctrl+Fn: in time, you got used to it.

There are other topics on this forum that gives more advices about buying this notebook.

For example:

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/IdeaPad-Y-U-B-and-Z-series/Considering-buying-a-Core-i3-Y560-few-quick-q...

http://forums.lenovo.com/t5/IdeaPad-Y-U-B-and-Z-series/Buying-a-Y460-or-Y560/m-p/257137#M25351

Good luck!

Added the Ctrl pressure necessary to work.

Just recieved my Y560. It has the LG display so I dont have any of the visual glitches. I think this is partially due to you guys bringing the issue to Lenovo. Perhaps they realized they were sending out faulty products. I had the big cursor issue which was easily remedied by installing new ATI drivers. Thank you guys for all the help.
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Ahgama

[ Edited ]

@ Tommaso

The screens are pretty poor in terms of optimal viewing angle.  Even when you're looking at it dead straight you can see the un-eveness of the brightness across the screen.. if that makes any sense.  Viewing from a few degrees higher and lower will noticably change the colors that you are seeing.  Right now I have a yellow bar in google chrome across my screen, if I sit upright the bar will become a washed out pastel yellow but if I slouch the bar will become a much darker and deeper shade of yellow.  I can't imagine doing any sort of professional color correction or photo editing where color accuracy is important.  

Regarding the Keyboard, I do find it to be too heavy handed for my liking.  My two previous laptops had very light-touch keyboards and I could type rapidly with little effort or error.  However with this thing, there are 2 issues:

1)  You have to apply quite a bit more pressure to get the key to click down... kinda 'beefy'.

2)  There is actually a very small dead zone after the key clicks in and before it actually makes contact.  By this I mean you can often hit a key, it 'clicks in', but you didnt actually press it ALL the way down and therefore you get no input.  

The result is that I have to use quite a bit more force to type normally just to get the keys to press down AND make sure they don't miss any inputs from not pressing all the way down.  This actually results in a surprisingly amount of typing fatigue over a long period of time :/

The ctrl+fn swap thing is ok once you get used to it. 

What's DOS?
netarget

Hi guys,

Got the y560 yesterday. Didnt know it had such a poor display beforehand. Anyway, after going through this thread i tried adjusting the contrast. Set it to 101 and the gradient problem is almost gone. Hope this helps you all.

Fanfold Paper
anshul

whats the difference between y560 and y460????is this screen problem in y460 also??

Ctrl-Alt-Del
Ahgama

well just briefly:  I walked through a computer store a few weeks ago and saw a Y460 on the shelf.  Looked at it from every direction since I was curious if there were also any problems and i saw the same dancing pixels + other crap that the Y560 has.  

Blue Screen Again
cukhi123

So I went through this forum thread again to read some posts that I missed. I tried changing the contrast to 96, as some suggested, and the gradients look a lot better now. However, the gradients always return to looking crappy on every startup thanks to onekey theatre. Changing from normal to theatre mode also causes the bad gradients to come back and I have to go back into the Catalyst Control Center to change the contrast again. And to top it all off, onekey theatre has absolutely no options that can be adjusted. Great.

I guess it's time to start pestering Lenovo to update OneKey theatre.

Punch Card
Sheva24

cukhi123, i always use movie mode not to reactivate all time but lenovo have to fix it,its very annoying me