Support in other languages: 
HDMI
ryukensfj

Re: Widespread Y560 Display Problem?

markozutic wrote:

guys i need switchable graphics, i dont tend to play games non stop, or to keep my laptop on charger all the time, like 90% i need it outside where i want my battery to last long
now again, how to install drivers
did u uninstall old drivers and clean them with driver sweaper , 
did you uninstal INTEL GPU drivers? !
are 10.10 ccc working with switchable gpu or not?!
thanks!

EDIT: ryukensfj Do u have switchble graphics?!
did u uninstall old ati drivers, or did u just applyed new drivers 'over' the old ones?!

I do not have switchable graphics. I ran the program with "run as administrator" then unchecked everything except the display driver and installed it, so I just applied new drivers over the old ones w/o uninstalling them.

Lenovo Ideapad Y560 - 06462AU (Black)
SCSI Port
markozutic

ok ok nevermind ;P
i see that, anyways i dont need 10.10
i just want to instal stupid drivers 10.8 from lenovo official driver site (300mb)
and i dont know should i uninstall drivers and what to do in order to have switchable gpu enabled with those drivers, cause on site it says thay support it...
now im stuck with old drivers, thay work fine so far, but thay dont have good game support..
SCSI Port
markozutic

[ Edited ]

I do not have switchable graphics. I ran the program with "run as administrator" then unchecked everything except the display driver and installed it, so I just applied new drivers over the old ones w/o uninstalling them.

that is all i wanted to hear mate :smileyhappy: thanks

EDIT: My apologize for two posts in row..

HDMI
ryukensfj

[ Edited ]

markozutic wrote:
ok ok nevermind ;P
i see that, anyways i dont need 10.10
i just want to instal stupid drivers 10.8 from lenovo official driver site (300mb)
and i dont know should i uninstall drivers and what to do in order to have switchable gpu enabled with those drivers, cause on site it says thay support it...
now im stuck with old drivers, thay work fine so far, but thay dont have good game support..

Lenovo offical driver site has 8.752 which would be 10.7, 8.762 is 10.8... That is why I was confused because the Lenovo offical site does not have 10.8.

If I were you, I would uninstall all display drivers, then install 10.10 ATI CCC from ATI then install the intel integrated graphics driver from Lenovo, that may re-enable the switchable graphics.

Token Ring
pepemosca

I've installed the 10.10 on my Y560 06462BU who has not 2 video cards. I only have the ATI Radeon.

Also, I have installed the .59 BIOS update.

So far, everything is OK!

Installed bios .59 - OK

Uninstalled all ATI drivers and installed 10.10 + 8.752 - OK

i5 with switchable graphics.  Although, I don't see any noticable changes so far.  Anyone know the main fixes?

HDMI
ryukensfj

MrGlister wrote:

Installed bios .59 - OK

Uninstalled all ATI drivers and installed 10.10 + 8.752 - OK

i5 with switchable graphics.  Although, I don't see any noticable changes so far.  Anyone know the main fixes?

Why did you install 10.10 with an older display driver, 8.752? 10.10 ATI CCC display driver is 8.782

Ctrl-Alt-Del
MrGlister

[ Edited ]

I tried installing 8.76# in the past and got a pop up at the start-up "onekey cannot detect a display driver" so I thought it'd say the same. Plus I was already upgradeing from 8.7025 or something.  If anyone can confirm the new ATI driver working on y560 then I would be glad to try. 

HDMI
ryukensfj

MrGlister wrote:

I tried installing 8.76# in the past and got a pop up at the start-up "onekey cannot detect a display driver" so I thought it'd say the same. Plus I was already upgradeing from 8.7025 or something.  If anyone can confirm the new ATI driver working on y560 then I would be glad to try. 

I have installed the new 10.10 with display driver 8.782 with no issues at all on my y560 but I don't have a switchable graphics... Also there are a few members who have also installed it with no issues.... But no confirmed case for a switchable graphics.

SCSI Port
markozutic

[ Edited ]

Ok listen up gus
im asking about 8.752 drivers from LENOVO SITE
not 10.10 from AMD

should i uninstall ALL display drivers, or leave intel?

MrGlister how did you get 8.752 installed onto your machine?!
in wich order did u uninstall/install drivers?!