Support in other languages: 
Punch Card
Angelo22

Re: Widespread Y560 Display Problem?

AMD DRIVERS ARE NOT COMPATIBLE WITH SWITCHABLE GRAPHICS ENABLED SYSTEMS!

For the moment, we are stuck with the Lenovo outdated drivers if you have switchable gpu's. All that's left for us to do is play the best game on Earth. Wait -.-

Punch Card
ziutek

pepemosca wrote:
I've installed the 10.10 on my Y560 06462BU who has not 2 video cards. I only have the ATI Radeon.

Also, I have installed the .59 BIOS update.

So far, everything is OK!

Hi,Do you mean that all problems (mainly the gradient problem) disappeared?

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Y560, 59-036817, i3-330M, Radeon 5730, switchable graphics, W7HP, LCD: AUO40EC, bios 71, ATI-Lenovo drivers: 8.752
Punch Card
Diamond

[ Edited ]

I'm sure he mean that all drivers installed correctly and without BSOD )I

Token Ring
pepemosca

[ Edited ]

@ziutek,haha!
NOOO! The CCC 10.10 does not solve any problems for me.
I have the gradients, ants, and all the problems still here.

What I mean with "everything is OK", is that the 10.10 does not give me BSOD or any other install or compatibility issue.

Sorry for the confusion.

[ Edited ]

@markozutic

I flashed to .59 (not sure if required)

downloaded 10.7 from lenovo site and 10.10, started it up, uninstalled CCC and ATI drivers

Installed 10.10 CCC

installed the ati driver from the lenovo .exe

At first I was prompted with something like "Access Denied" while installing ATI drivers so i just deleted my whole C:/ATI/(???) sorry can't remember the specific folder.  Then it worked fine.  Although, I don't exactly know if that was the right thing to do :smileytongue:

So far no BSOD, although I haven't tried any games yet, only HD .mkv.  Still have gradients issue and maybe ants(?).  Don't notice ants that much on my laptop.  Also HDMI audio output is still not working *sigh*  Although it may have fixed video files playing a black screen after booting from sleep.  Not 100% confirmed.  Edit: It still does it, although re-seeking the video will fix it >>

maf
Token Ring
maf

[ Edited ]

I am assuming you have switchable graphics.  Why would you expect improvements if you are installing the old Lenovo site driver?

btw, the newer 8.782 ATI driver fixes the black screen following YouTube video after sleep bug ( for me at least - I do not have switchable graphics)

SCSI Port
markozutic

ok i kinda understand what you did, but what about INTEL HD drivers, what to do with those?!
have ya guys touched them? Installing new ones from site, uninstaling oldies?
or only ATI drivers?!
(For Switchable)
Blue Screen Again
cukhi123

I don't want to be rude or anything, but I think that you guys are taking this forum off topic. It's supposed to be about three specific problems: The dancing pixels, the gradient problems, and the ants around window edges, or in other words, issues related to the BIOS and the DISPLAY/SCREEN. There are plenty of other forum threads out there if you want to talk about the problems caused by GRAPHICS DRIVERS. This forum thread is already long and convoluted enough without off-topic discussion.

Punch Card
achilleask

@cukhi123

Completely agree with you. I've been following this thread since I found it because I wanted to be up to date on the specific problem (and the solutions) and now it's just driver talk. I actually came to unsubscribe because it became completely irrelevant to the original topic.

Punch Card
Angelo22

[ Edited ]

So,  does anyone watch NBA? How about those Miami Heats? LeBron wasn't very happy after their debut loss xD

PS: On a serious note though, you guys are right. The last 10 pages have evolved a little off-topic. I'm sure an administrator will take a look at this sooner or later and split thread in 2 different topics.