Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
What's DOS?
addiekai

Windows 7 Activation

My Mom bought this IdeaPad last December in Singapore. The unit is now here in the Philippines.. I performed an Automatic Update for Windows 7 (included with the system) and now it says that the Windows 7 Home Premium installed is not genuine.

The error code during activation is 0x80070422
"The service cannot be started, either because it is disabled or it has no enabled devices associated with it."

I have searched the net for a fix for this, but it seems that there is none.

I hope someone here can assist me, because I do not want to believe that Lenovo is bundling blocked keys with their systems.

topmahof
Topics: 35
Kudos: 368
Solutions: 238

Re: Windows 7 Activation

Hi addiekai and welcome to the community,

How about using OKR to put it back to factory specs.  The OS is automatically activated.  

Or, you could try to use the phone activation, but you would have to use the key that's on the bottom of the machine to do that.

That's a different key that is embedded into the OS.

Dave

Edit:  If you post back with more questions, please post what model machine you have.

If someone helped you today, pay it forward. Help Someone Else!
English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество
What's DOS?
addiekai

Re: Windows 7 Activation

Hi Dave,

I wanted to do it so that I don't have to reinstall everything from scratch. This IP Z470 is one amazing machine, takes in games and spits them out whole. Even Metro 2033.

I wanted to check out the community and how they can assist me this small problem, without having to resort to "devious" methods to activate it, You know what I mean :smileyhappy:

I will try to do the phone activation first. Hopefully that works.

I will post back the outcome.

Cheers.