Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
MSamirM
Accepted Solution

Wireless Not Working On Z570 When SATA Mode Controller Set To ** COMPATABLE **

[ Edited ]

I set SATA Mode Controller To ** Compatable ** , And installed Windows 7 but wireless NOT WORKING

My BIOS Ver. Is: 45CN38WW

The only to make it work I RESET THE BIOS TO DEFAULT and set SATA Mode Controller AGAIN !!!!! To ** Compatable ** and start my Windows BUT, After my first restart the Problem COME AGAIN

Please HELP ME

I Attached Print Screen for Device Manager

Image Link: http://oi42.tinypic.com/2vaxs91.jpg

And Network Connection

Image Link: http://oi43.tinypic.com/10rradk.jpg

I Think that problem with AHCI and Compatable

Note (May Help You) : (It's My Personal Test)

I use AHCI and install Windows 7 the wireless work always correctly

Moderator Note: oversized images converted to links per forum rules: Lenovo Community Participation Rules

Community Moderator
zoltanthegypsy

Re: Wireless Not Working On Z570 When SATA Mode Controller Set To ** COMPATABLE **

Hello and welcome,

That is very strange.

I'm curious: why are you installing and running in compatibility mode?  Why not just run in AHCI mode.  You can enable the correct driver without reinstalling. 

Error message when you start a Windows 7 or Windows Vista-based computer after you change the SATA m...

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored. ... GeezBlog

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

Paper Tape
MSamirM

Re: Wireless Not Working On Z570 When SATA Mode Controller Set To ** COMPATABLE **

First: Thank you

Second:

The reason that make me SATA Mode to Compatible : When SATA Mode set to AHCI and I Partation my HDD by Windows 7 DVD I Found Strange Partation ** Unallocated Partition with 0 MB BEFORE Every partition** , and i didn't know what is it so I Changed it to Compatible.

Do You Know anything about this unallocated partitions ... IS It USEFUL OR What ????

Third:

When I run on Windows Xp

My Dedicated VGA Memory is ** 256 MB ** , But On Windows 7 My Dedicated VGA is ** 64 MB **

I Don't NO WHY ???????

Thank You Again

Community Moderator
zoltanthegypsy

Sorry, I can't answer any of those questions :smileysad:

If you change to AHCI mode - as in that link I posted - do you still see the weird partitions?

Z.

The large print: please read the Community Participation Rules before posting. Include as much information as possible: model, machine type, operating system, and a descriptive subject line. Do not include personal information: serial number, telephone number, email address, etc.

The fine print: I do not work for, nor do I speak for Lenovo. Unsolicited private messages will be ignored. ... GeezBlog

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español   ru.gif Русскоязычное Сообщество

Paper Tape
MSamirM

No I don't see it cause i partitioned my HDD in Compatible Mode

And after using your tool everything BE OK (Wireless Work Good) :smileyhappy:

But I Now Ask About VGA Card

On Windows XP it's Dedicated Memory 256 MB

But, On Windows 7 it's Dedicated Memory 64 MB Abd Share1238 Then Total Be 1302 MB

And Although this The Same Games ( Like Pro 2012 ) Run On Windows Xp in High Resolution But On Windows 7 don't RUN !!!! (I know Why becauce it need Dedicated More Equa Or More Than 256 MB )

I Ask About The Defferance Between Dedicated Memory On XP & 7

Paper Tape
MSamirM

Sorry, I still see the weird partitions

look at this Attached PicHDD.jpg

Community Moderator
yigit

it's because you partitioned the volumes and you couldn't do it properly.

due to my absence, i may not reply your posts and/or personal messages

http://www.ki-themes.com