Support in other languages: 
Serial Port
Twilightrose
Accepted Solution

Y430: My laptop interrupts Internet on other machines when it connects

I was wondering if anyone else has had issues with their Lenovo Y430 interrupting the internet on other machines that are connected to the same network when it connects? We have a Lynksis router hooked up to our home office Internet and for some reason whenever I initiate a connection (and it seems to happen more when I am in the same room as the other computers/router) it will kill any streaming connections like instant messengers, videos, online games etc. Once I'm fully connected, it's fine and it doesn't bother anyone else. This is beginning to be a huge problem for us. If this is common, it's probably something to do with the ideapad if it's not, it might have to do with the router. I need to know so I know who to talk to call for a solution.

Retired Guru
skripatch

Re: Y430: My laptop interrupts Internet on other machines when it connects

have you tried uninstalling ReadyComm?
//help will save the world
andyP
Topics: 185
Kudos: 680
Solutions: 610

Have a look at this thread. I can't say it will provide your solution, but it certainly seems similar.

Andy  

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos
Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you. Forum Search Option

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.
FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.

de.gif  Deutsche Community   es.gif  Comunidad en Español  uk.gif  English Community

PepperonI blog 

Serial Port
Twilightrose

skripatch: No, I haven't uninstalled ReadyComm, I've seen this suggested many times on these forums in just the few threads that I've had the chance to read and it seems like it has helped several people but it also seems like it didn't for others as well so I'd like to see if there is an alternative soulution first. Although, I wouldn't mind knowing a bit more about what exactly ReadyComm is supposed to do (obviously it has some purpose) and why it is so often reccomended for removal, especially since it came preinstalled. Thanks for your response.

andyP: Thank you for the link to that other thread. I read it and I spoke to my husband. He said our router is the same kind that is mentioned in this thread and he seems to think that it is likely to be the problem, since it seems common. He says he plans on making a new computer purchase within the next couple of years and wants to wait until then to buy a new router if at all possible because he is believes that by then the technology will be incompatible enough that he will have to anyway. So, I guess he's just going to have to deal with the fact that in the meantime my Lenovo Y430 is beating up his older IBM's. :smileyhappy:

Retired Guru
skripatch

Obviously you can delete ReadyComm, check if this helped, and if not helped - install it again.

Or you can just sit and wait for another solution.

Why not trying this if it has a chance to work? :robothappy:

//help will save the world
andyP
Topics: 185
Kudos: 680
Solutions: 610

I also think that skripatch's suggestion of uninstalling ReadyComm is also worth a try. It's cheaper than buying a new router and could possibly solve the problem earlier.

Andy  

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos
Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you. Forum Search Option

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.
FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.

de.gif  Deutsche Community   es.gif  Comunidad en Español  uk.gif  English Community

PepperonI blog 

Serial Port
Twilightrose

You are both absolutely right, however, I'm in finals these next two weeks and barely have time to sleep... At least I think I remember what that is... So whatever I do will have to wait. I will try uninstalling ReadyComm but I'm pretty sure that the thread that you sent me to, andyP, was dead on. I private messaged carbon_unit and based on that I'm fairly confident it is the router. I'll wait until I at least try uninstalling ReadyComm before I say definitively though. Thanks guys.
Serial Port
Twilightrose

I finally went ahead and uninstalled Aerodrome and so far it seems to have worked. Thanks guys.