Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
What's DOS?
sanalsasiraj

Re: Y430 battery/charger problems - Laptop won't charge or power up

Dear BadgerDave,

have you got solution for this problem, I'm also facing the same problem with Ideapad Y530. If you managed to get your laptop corrected please share what should i do. I don't have the warranty .

Fanfold Paper
maverick73

I have the same issue.  I have replaced the power port, the charger, and recently the battery.  When I replaced the battery, the new battery had just enough charge to start everything up.  It indicated it was charging and at 33%.  15 - 20 minutes later it showed it was charging, battery was at 11%.  Shortly after this it died, and hasn't powered back on. 

I cannot power up the laptop with the AC plugged in either.  When I plug in the AC to the laptop I get a blinking blue light for approve 15 seconds, then solid red/orange.  When I push the power button, the blue lights come on, then it dies again.  I am not sure where to go from here.... Is this an indication that it's some massive hardware issue? 

If anyone has any suggestions or fixes, it would be greatly appreciated! 

Thanks in advance,

Scott

What's DOS?
neetesh

Hi Dave

Did you fix your laptop charging problem?

I am having a similar issue now ...I did the same as you did - buying a new charger.

but nothing happens except the orange light blinks for 2-3 sec and goes off..while with battery out..nothing happens at all.

advice

Paper Tape
computermomma

I am having the very same trouble with my Y450.  I ordered a new charger and the computer worked for a couple of months but now the battery will not charge.  When I plug it in I don't get any lights.  If I hold down the power button the battery light blinks three times and then nothing.  My computer is also out of warranty.    The power adapter does seem to fit snuggly into the power port and it doesn't seem to be loose or disconnected.  Anyone have any luck with this problem?  Could it be a motherboard?  Has anyone opened the computer up and checked for connections?

Community Moderator
yigit

also, try to remove/replace the battery. make sure your battery working properly.
could be power unit or mainboard as you said.

http://www.ki-themes.com
What's DOS?
KDulcimer

I just got this exact same laptop, with the exact same problem. I was told to do this:

• Shut down the laptop
  • Remove the battery
  • Power up the laptop all the way
  • Put the battery back in while the laptop is running

Sounds kind of stupid, but it worked for me.

What's DOS?
KDulcimer

Scratch what I just said. I just looked at the bottom of the laptop and the power supply, and what I have is mismatched. The power supply is rated at 16v, but the laptop (like most) requires 19v!

What's DOS?
martony53

I have the same computer with the same problem , replaced the battery and charger and still had  the same issue . I have a friend who has a different model , which uses a 20 volts power supply , which i tried and it works better , i am able to use my computer without the battery , and it also charges the battery . I dont know if this is recommended by lenovo , but it works for me . Try at your own risk...........