Support in other languages: 
Paper Tape
c19932

Y460 - lost all Soft-Touch and Hardware Switch functions

Hello,

I recently purchased a new Y460, and like I do with my other new laptops, I installed a brand new copy of Windows 7 64bit on it and installed my own drivers (from official websites). The reason I do this is because I would like to keep up with latest drivers (ATI mobility, realtek, etc), and the ones from Lenovo download section seems to be outdated.

After my fresh installation of windows 7, none of the hardware keys work anymore. This includes the touch-sensitive hardware keys (mute, volume up/down, media) at the top of the keyboard, and the switchable graphics physical switch at the right bottom of the laptop. Will you please let me know which driver is necessary to restore the functions of these hardware keys?

thank you

Token Ring
leshcat

Re: Y460 - lost all Soft-Touch and Hardware Switch functions

[ Edited ]

Well, what can i say... i dont own Y460, but know the origin of problem with slidenav. It requires files from lenovo driver.

Most of answers you can find following this link.

Since Y560 shared lots with Y460, most of my solutions should work on your model too. If you provide me with ID of audio and video, in future i ll make support to Y460 also.

Paper Tape
c19932

thanks lashcat. Nice website u got there. I read through it and reinstalled the Lenovo synaptics driver to restore the touch sensitive button functions. many thanks

Would you also happen to know how to restore function to the graphic switching switch? I would think it is correlated to the graphics driver, but I really want to install the official old ass Lenovo one =(
Token Ring
leshcat

[ Edited ]

1. make sure that in BIOS you have "Switchable Graphics".
2. uninstall previous drivers. Both, and ATI and Intel (via device manager).

3. Use driver sweeper 2.8.0 application .
4. Install full package from lenovo site.

+ Tell me whats you ATI & INTEL card ID, like on this picture (picture is showing touchpad id, but idea is the same):

Link to picture

Moderator note; picture(s) totalling >50K converted to link(s) Forum Rules

Paper Tape
c19932

All i see in the link is a triangle