Support in other languages: 
Fanfold Paper
msuscorpio
Accepted Solution

Y460P Stuttering audio when using USB audio card

Hello, I recently purchased a Y460P Ideapad for normal everyday use as well as for audio recording as a Digital Audio Workstation (DAW, Reaper http://www.reaper.fm).  I am having an issue when using my primary USB interface (Line6 Pod X3 Live) with the audio stuttering during playback and recording.  This happens with all audio sources such as websites, Windows media player, reaper, etc. I have posted my issue on both Line6's message board and Reaper's but havent yet been able to find a solution.   I am guessing it must have something to do with how the USB bus on the Y460p was engineered. Any help would be appreciated.  I will paste in what I have written on the other forums...

"Hello, been a while since I posted here, which means my gear has been running pretty good lately! I just purchased a new laptop (Lenovo Y460P, i7, 8GB RAM, 500 GB Hard Drive, 6550M GPU, Windows 7 Home Premium). The first thing I did was isntall Monkey, follwed by the latest drivers (4.2.4.9), pod farm 1.0 and gearbox. Everything installed fine however I am getting audio stuttereing where it will play fine for a bit then have like a hiccup and freeze for a second or 2. This happens in any program, WMP, Reaper, IE, etc. I only happens when the X3 Live is being used as the soundcard. It does not happen when I am using my standard generic audio driver or asio4all. I have gone through the guide for optimizing my pc for USB audio and followed all that was applicable to me to a T...still doign the same thing. I have tried uninstalling and reinstalling everything, no luck. Ive searched high and low on teh interwebz, but couldnt find a solution. I am starting to think there is a problem with the latest version of the driver as I have no problems on my desktop that has an older driver version installed, yet is running the same software.

Does anyone have any suggestions they can give me? I dont want to say I'm desparate, but who am I kidding?

If I cant get it to work with the current driver, can someone tell me how to uninstall 4.2.4.9 and install an older version? How can I tell what version I have installed on my desktop?"

I wrote that thinking it was an issue with Line 6's latest drivers, obvioulsy, but after some more research, I am starting tio think it is my USB bus and or chipset drivers that are the issue.  One user on reaper's foprum suggest I download and run this utility http://www.thesycon.de/deu/latency_check.shtml I did so and I am seeing latency spikes every so often.  This laptop has plenty of horsepower for what I am doing so that definitely isnt the issue.   Alos, I downloaded and ran a program called slimdrivers and according to that, everything on the Ideapad is up to date.

PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!

Fanfold Paper
msuscorpio

Re: Y460P Stuttering audio when using USB audio card

Does anyone read these?  Are there any mods on here?

Fanfold Paper
msuscorpio

Ok so I saw this post http://forum.lenovo.com/t5/IdeaPad-Y-U-B-V-and-Z-series/workaround-for-y460p-y560p-sound-stutter/m-p... after installing a fresh copy of Windows 7 and looking for other driver information.  The workaround of removing the battery or disabling the Windows ACPI battery driver works for me as well.  So now I need to find out how to obtain Bios revision 3FCN17WW64???? 

Community Moderator
Zehnsteine

@msuscorpio... PM sent
Fanfold Paper
msuscorpio

Thanks...right back at ya!