Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Blue Screen Again
robguerra

Y470 - Spdif 5.1 Sound on Windows

Hi, i recently had an ideapad y560, and when i connected the Spdif cable i had a "Dobly Digtal Live 5.1" option in the sound control panel.

With the y470, i only have a 2 speaker option, and my Sony Receiver processes the sound as regular 2-channel audio.

Anybody know a fix to get the "Live 5.1" option in the sound menu back?

Thanks!!

Retired Employee
Serge1410

Re: Y470 - Spdif 5.1 Sound on Windows

hey robguerra,

welcome to the forums.

i was going through the tech sheet for the Y470 >> http://shop.lenovo.com/us/ww/pdf/Y470_Datasheet_US.pdf

from what i can i see, you can only get 2.0 speakers only as the hardware does not have a 5.1 channel output.

WW Social Media
Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
Have you checked out the Community Knowledgebase yet?!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.
Guru
dragnoak

Re: Y470 - Spdif 5.1 Sound on Windows

[ Edited ]

Well... I beg to differ. 

When I plug in a splitter, to my Y470 headphone jack, and run 2 RCA cables to my home theater system, I receive Dolby 5.1 digital sound. You must use the "Connector Settings" on the Realtek HD Audio Manager to output "Line Out", and the "Digital Output" tab to be your "Default Output Device".  

To select "Headphone" or "Line Out" in the connector settings, click on the Yellow Folder to the right of the Realtek Manager, above the ANALOG word. Choose ENABLE... in the Connector Settings. The next time you plug anything into the headphone jack, it will launch the Realtek HD Audio Manager, and ask you which setting you want to use.

Now, I don't know if this is the same as Spdif 5.1 sound. In fact, I think the Dolby conversion is being done on my high end Sony home theater system. Still, I've obtained Dolby 5.1 channel sound on all 5 (left/right/middle/ and 2 back)  speakers. I've "heard" that you can plug in a single "corded" jack in the headphone jack, and use that output to run external 5.1 speaker systems. I haven't tried this, so YRMV.

DragonRider

I'm DO'ing IT
Lenovo Y470 085525U 2nd generation Intel® Core™ i7-2630QM processor ( 2.00GHz 1333MHz 6MB )
IdeaCentre A520 Intel® Core™ i5-3230M processor ( 2.60GHz 2600MHz 3MB )
T420