Support in other languages: 
Paper Tape
y2kdread
Accepted Solution

Y470P Bad Video Driver Problems During Windows RDP

Hi Everyone,

I am having a problem with the ATI/Intel video driver when remoting into my computer from home. I use the windows RDP protocol to remote into my computer from work and any time I try to use java or flash, I get errors causing my browser to crash (this happens with Chrome, Firefox, and IE).

If I uninstall my video drivers and remote in with the default Microsoft video driver, everything seems to work correctly.

Does anyone have this same issue or have any solutions?

Thanks!

tanujhanda
Topics: 3
Kudos: 80
Solutions: 65

Re: Y470P Bad Video Driver Problems During Windows RDP

Hello Y2kdread and welcome to community,

I really want to know does the issue arise when the laptop is not remotely access.

If the issue persist in normal behavior also you need try few driver update.

Update the BIOS and check

For Windows 7 64bit

For Windows 7 32bit

Update Touchpad driver and also the Intel and Nvidia driver.

Kindly check and let us know.

Best Regards,

Tanuj

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution".! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Paper Tape
y2kdread

tanujhanda,

The 64bit BIOS does not seem to work on the Y470P.

I am running the latest version of the ATI / Intil drivers that are listed on the Lenovo website.

Also, everything works perfectly when I run java or flash directly on the computer. But java and flash should work fine through RDP.

tanujhanda

Hi Y2kdread,

Lenovo Y470P supports 64bit editon also , Remote Desktop is introduced for basic applications.

Can you check with any other third party remote software, if the issue happens in this also.

Best Regards,

Tanuj

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution".! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Paper Tape
y2kdread

tanujhanda,

Remote Desktop works perfectly on any of my other computers. This is the first computer where I get java and flash crashing in the browser.

I was able to install a ATI video driver for a different model video card and this seems to fix any problems I had. I just didn't want to run with this driver because it is not made for the video card in the Y470P.

Does lenovo offer a newer video driver? The driver for the different model that works is dated 02/28/2012.

Thanks!

tanujhanda

Please check the RDP connection on Intel graphic card only making the ATI disabled.

Best Regards,

Tanuj

Paper Tape
y2kdread

tanujhanda,

How do I disable the ATI card?

tanujhanda

You can disable the graphic card from device manager and if you have GPU switch you can make it off.

Best Regards,

Tanuj

Paper Tape
y2kdread

This does prevent the problem, but when will a new driver be released? This is quite a old driver and newer ones are available for other ATI devices.

tanujhanda

Kindly look for the driver update on AMD website.

http://sites.amd.com/us/game/downloads/Pages/downloads.aspx

Best Regards,

Tanuj