Support in other languages: 
Mark_Lenovo
Topics: 411
Kudos: 1,323
Solutions: 285

Re: Y510 Battery

Wernst,

Since service parts are only through the depot, the clock is obviously ticking on us to provide batteries as an option for customers who want a spare for extended use on a plane, etc, and for those who may need a battery outside of warranty.

I can't comment on unannounced things, but we hear you.

Mark

ThinkPads: S30, T43, X60t, X1, W700ds, IdeaPad Y710, IdeaCentre: A300, IdeaPad K1
Mark Hopkins
Program Manager, Lenovo Social Media (Services)
www.twitter.com/lenovoforums
www.facebook.com/lenovo

English English Community      Deutsche Deutsche Community      Español Comunidad en Español

Fanfold Paper
sstonick

It's been a few months, can I get a spare battery for my y510 now?
Fanfold Paper
wslandry6

Battery Replacement Advice

Dear Admin Mark Lenovo

Can you explain how one can order another replacement battery for the Lenovo Ideapad Y510 Laptop?  I honestly think if I would of known that you can't get one I would have never bought this Laptop.  Please tell me I'm wrong that replacement batterys are not available!

Thank you 

Punch Card
Hawk521

Re: Battery Replacement Advice

I too am interested in buying a spare battery (or two if the price is right) for my Lenovo Y510 notebook.    Its hard to imagine why there are none yet available...

I've had my Y510 for ~7 months.  And I've watched as Lenovo has spent a $lot$ on advertising to sell the new IdeaPad models. 

Surely it has not escaped everyone at Lenovo's attention that there is indeed a market for and a need to supply replacement batteries for these notebooks.  IBM was always prompt to meet such needs.  Sadly it has begun to feel like Lenovo is fumbling the ball in this area.

Come on Lenovo.  If you indeed value a loyal customer base it is high time someone picks up a phone and solves this problem.

Paper Tape
Dallasb

I'm a little concerned at the lack of replacement/extra batteries for my IdeaPad.  Frankly it surprises me that as long as these things have been around companies like Fedco don't even offer a third party solution. Do all of the iterations of these models take a different battery? 
Mark_Lenovo
Topics: 411
Kudos: 1,323
Solutions: 285

[ Edited ]

All,

In warranty defective batteries should be addressed through service - please contact support - refer to the call center numbers for your particular country.  Additional batteries (options / second battery / batteries outside of warranty) can  be purchased from Lenovo directly on the US website.  Please check sales sites in other countries, or point of purchase.

UPDATE 1 -  The Y-series AC adapter can be purchased as an option from Lenovo's main shopping site as P/N 41R4322.   The battery for the Y310 is P/N 43R1954 and the battery for the Y410 is P/N 43R1955.  

UPDATE 2 - The  Y510 battery 45J7706  is being made available for sale on this site, now available on the web.  We should provide further updates to the description to reflect all models that it supports and get a picture uploaded.

I've inquired about the S10 and U110 models as well.  Will update again - once these parts are in place.

Thanks for everyone's patience.

Mark

Message Edited by Mark_Lenovo on 09-12-2008 06:36 AM

ThinkPads: S30, T43, X60t, X1, W700ds, IdeaPad Y710, IdeaCentre: A300, IdeaPad K1
Mark Hopkins
Program Manager, Lenovo Social Media (Services)
www.twitter.com/lenovoforums
www.facebook.com/lenovo

English English Community      Deutsche Deutsche Community      Español Comunidad en Español

Paper Tape
nawafpower

Y510 Battery

Hi, I have baught the Lenovo Y510, I'm not sure if it still under warrantee or not, today the battery went dead suddenly without any previous weak signs or something, my laptop works only on vable power only which make it a desk top not laptop.

So how can I know about my warrantee timing regarding the Battery?

Ctrl-Alt-Del
evilkunevul

Lenovo Y510 battery problem

This problem came from nowhere.

So im using my laptop without the ac adapter plugged in and the battery is FULLY charged and the laptop is on power saver.  then all of a sudden, my laptop turns off and doesn't turn back on. I then plug the ac adapter and the battery indicator at the bottom first turns PINK then turns amber and the battery indicator at the top right, under the monitor shows 5 bars. So then I let the laptop charge for about 3 hours then i plug the adaptor out and try to turn on the laptop but no luck. so i put the adaptor back in and try the battery calibration thing from the bios and still no luck. so right now im using the adaptor and the amber light is still on and the battery indicator on the taskbar has been saying 94% available for the past hour. 

Even though its saying that its charging, i don't think it is. Once again this problem came from nowhere. 

Ctrl-Alt-Del
evilkunevul

Re: Lenovo Y510 battery problem

I forgot to mention that I bought the laptop on May 8th, 2008
Punch Card
LTechieGuy

Re: Lenovo Y510 battery problem

As long as your Serial Number is still in warranty (and if I recall your laptop gets about 13 - 15 months warranty) you have until August 8,2009... Call into Tech Support

Power Drain your computer first.

1) Take out the Battery

2) Unplug the AC Adapter

3) Hold down the Power Button and whistle Oh Canada for about 30 seconds

4) Plug in your Power Adapter turn on the computer and let it fully load up. 

-- If it doesn't load up then you have an issue with the motherboard or AC Adapter (unplug the connector from the wall to the brick and solidly put it in there), and call Tech Support

5) Shut down the computer

6) Unplug the AC Adapter and put in just the Battery

7) Turn on the computer and see if it loads up. If it does, take it off Power Saver Mode...to a balanced

-- If it doesn't then you have an issue with the Battery and should get a new one while its still available on the Lenovo Website...

Hope this helps