Support in other languages: 
JaneL

Re: Y510 Hinge Problem :( !!!!

I've been using it almost two years with no problems.

English English Community      Deutsche Deutsche Community      Español Comunidad en Español

Jane

ThinkPad Slate, T410s, X301, X200 Tablet, T60p, HP TouchPad, iPad 4, iPhone 5S, IdeaTab A2107A, Yoga Tablet
I am not a Lenovo Employee.
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Fanfold Paper
drcyrus3d

Thank you Janel. I am looking forward to configure one! :smileyvery-happy:
Fanfold Paper

I had the same problem, after 8 months of home use only. After I read this thread, I decided to call them up. Customer Support was polite, quick and simple. I just have to give them my model, serial number, and data of purchase. After that, they told me that they would send me a box for the transportation of the laptop free of charge.

The box came to me in 2 days via Fedex. In California, the package came from Texas. I sent mine in on Friday, and by next Friday I had my laptop back. 

Customer Support was definitely 5-stars. The quality of work the technicians did was 5-stars too, no scratches and no sign that the hinge and back had ever cracked open. 

Definitely recommend Lenovo to anyone. I had no trouble with the hardware itself. I am just one of  "7/1000" unlucky users. 

Paper Tape
cheetah

Y510 hinge broken

hinge on the right handside has broken.When i check on forums i saw the same problem for some others.I think it is a design flaw.what my bad is my warranty is finished one month back.As it is a design flaw do the lenovo guys gimme a free coustmer service, or thy charge me,if so should i go to extend my warranty and then tell them abt the problem..

Thnks

Paper Tape
cheetah

Re: Y510 hinge broken

hinge on the right handside has broken.When i check on forums i saw the same problem for some others.I think it is a design flaw.what my bad is my warranty is finished one month back.As it is a design flaw do the lenovo guys gimme a free coustmer service, or thy charge me,if so should i go to extend my warranty and then tell them abt the problem..

Thnks

Mark_Lenovo
Topics: 407
Kudos: 1,278
Solutions: 275

Re: Y510 hinge broken

Cheetah,

Let's look into your situation...

Can you please send me a private message with your contact information (name, phone , address), your system serial number? 

We have to look at these cases on an exception basis to sort out what is a latent defect from customer induced damage, and also to ensure a sense of fairness to all in honoring the timeframe of the warranty, while looking at cases where exceptions are justified.

Best regards,

Mark

ThinkPads: S30, T43, X60t, X1, W700ds, IdeaPad Y710, IdeaCentre: A300, IdeaPad K1
Mark Hopkins
Program Manager, Lenovo Social Media (Services)
www.twitter.com/lenovoforums
www.facebook.com/lenovo

English English Community      Deutsche Deutsche Community      Español Comunidad en Español

Punch Card
helo_darqness

backup w/ DVDs: do i use DVD-RW, +RW, or what?

[ Edited ]

I am having that hinge problem on my y510, where it cracks the casing, and its covered under warranty. So Im sending it in.

But i dont have an external HDD bc im broke. I bought DVD+RWs....Office Depot brand.

Should these be sufficent for backing up my data? I asked them not to format the drive, and they made a memo of that, but im still pooping my pants in paranoia. In case I need to back up....with data on several DVDs....I just want to make sure the +RW format is good for what I need?

i am also concerned (irrationally) that i will be sent back a messed up or blank HDD, or that i will find files altered, modified, deleted or whatnot. I am writing a book and I dont want anyone to see any of my work. I have nothing illegal on my computer, but I still just want my computer back the way it it was sent...just fixed.

is your experience that they dont mess with files when the issue is of a physical nature and not a software issue. the bios updating i hear they will do is part of what concerns me.

Message Edited by helo_darqness on 04-02-2009 09:59 PM
lead_org
Topics: 128
Kudos: 1,202
Solutions: 1,277

Re: backup w/ DVDs: do i use DVD-RW, +RW, or what?

Lenovo warranty don't fix software problems, they usually take out your HDD before they start your repair, and the put your hdd back when it is all done. But backing it up should always be something you do, yes you would need couple of blank dvds to backup your hdd.  

Regards,

Jin Li

May this year, be the year of 'DO'!

I am a volunteer, and not a paid staff of Lenovo or Microsoft
Paper Tape
btomlin82

I am very disappointed in the quality of this product.  A little over three weeks after the one year warranty expired my right hinge on my Y510 shattered like a lot of people have experienced on this board.  I am glad others were able to get theirs repaired but  I probably will never buy another Lenovo again.  I really liked this laptop until this happened and noticed others had the same issue.  Hopefully this issue has been fixed in the newer models. 
Fanfold Paper
drcyrus3d

Don't be dissapointed btomlin82. Call customer support and see what you can do about it! There is a small flaw in the design and due to the fact that you only got it after 1 year it means you don't close/open it very often :smileyhappy:

Let us know what you did or didn't! :smileyhappy: Happy easter!