Support in other languages: 
Retired Guru
skripatch

Re: Hinge Broken

So what is your exact goal of posting here? Would you like any help here or what? Just curious - I'm not really getting what you want to say/ask.
//help will save the world
Paper Tape
mfishm

I have the Y510 too , and same problem , Check my thread ........

is this a problem on all Y510????

What's DOS?
ravikanth02

I got the same problem at the hinge and I am out of Warrenty.. I called them and came to know that the bottom case costs around $180+$49 (shipping).The original computer cost is $600.this is ridiculous and i will never ever purchase lenovo in my life time.Actually everybody is facing the same problem after one year because of the cheap parts I guess.I hate lenovo.

Paper Tape
brans1n

Lenovo warranty starts from the manufactue date not the date that you purchased the computer, which is not good. Buyer beware.

Having to ship them my computer and wait for it to come back is a burden for me. I'm on the road.

Even if they fix my case it will only last another year.

I hope this saves some other person a lot of problems by buying Lenovo.

Mark_Lenovo
Topics: 411
Kudos: 1,325
Solutions: 285

[ Edited ]

brans1n,

Thanks for sharing your concerns - I think you may have been misinformed previously.  Let me try to clear this up...

By default, warranty begins when we ship the system and it is for 12 months, however customers who look up their warranty online will note that the end date is automatically moved out and the total coverage may be 13 months or more to provide a cushion for shipping and channel sell through for non-direct orders.

All customers, can provide a proof of purchase to reset the start date based on the date of purchase by faxing it in to support,  and then the end date will be 12 months from that date. 

I'm sorry to hear that you have a bad impression of Lenovo, and that the terms of the warranty service for depot repair do not meet your expectations.  There are upgraded  and extended warranties available for purchase - maybe one of those offerings would provide you with more peace of mind?

Ravikanth02,

How far out of warranty are you?  Please send me your contact information by private message, along with your system serial number from the bottom of the unit, and I'll see what can be done to help you out on this.

Best regards,

Mark

Message Edited by Mark_Lenovo on 05-18-2009 03:49 PM

ThinkPads: S30, T43, X60t, X1, W700ds, IdeaPad Y710, IdeaCentre: A300, IdeaPad K1
Mark Hopkins
Program Manager, Lenovo Social Media (Services)
www.twitter.com/lenovoforums
www.facebook.com/lenovo

English English Community      Deutsche Deutsche Community      Español Comunidad en Español

What's DOS?
ravikanth02

[ Edited ]

I could found your email address.I am sending it over here.No problem from my side to enter these details.

Serial Number ABxxxxxxxx

Machine Information IdeaPad Y510
Manufacture Date 2007-12-18
Receipt/Invoice Date  
Expiration Date 2009-03-18

IT would be great if you guys provide a recall facility.

Thank you

Moderator Note; s/n edited for members own protection 

Message Edited by andyP on 07-13-2009 07:45 AM
Mark_Lenovo
Topics: 411
Kudos: 1,325
Solutions: 285

Re: Y510 Hinge Problem - In South Africa

mfishm,

I can help you if you can get the system back here to the US.  Where did you purchase the system?

Please send me a PM with your contact information and the system serial number.

Thanks

Mark

ThinkPads: S30, T43, X60t, X1, W700ds, IdeaPad Y710, IdeaCentre: A300, IdeaPad K1
Mark Hopkins
Program Manager, Lenovo Social Media (Services)
www.twitter.com/lenovoforums
www.facebook.com/lenovo

English English Community      Deutsche Deutsche Community      Español Comunidad en Español

What's DOS?
ANIRUDHVOLETI

HINGE AND BODY RESULTANTLY BROKEN

Hi

I bought my IDEAPAD Y510 Serial No. ABQ0045700 on 14th of September from Staples, Great India Place, NOIDA, UP, INDIA. For the past 2 weeks I experienced an issue with my screen becoming loose. When I checked the same, it seems like the entire weight of the system is bearing on 2 hinges which has become loose and cracked the body of the system.

Since it is under warranty, this seems to be a common problem faced by other people on this page and is a Major Design Glitch for which Lenovo should replace the entire machine itself.A lenovo Engineer has seen this and said its a recurring problem and is a designing error.

Id appreciate support from Lenovo with respect to this and how to go about solving this issue as it is still under warranty. 

Thanks

Anirudh

Paper Tape
mossitekidgage

Re: HINGE AND BODY RESULTANTLY BROKEN

[ Edited ]

Yes, I am having the same problem.  For me it is only the left hinge.  Bu it kind of scares me. I would hate to lose my laptop. And it's really hard to talk to the support line.  I really don't know what to do....

And mine should still be under warranty. It was bought in december.  I got it for christmas.

Message Edited by mossitekidgage on 05-20-2009 09:34 PM
What's DOS?
vicereine

broken hinge, warranty just expired

About 3 months ago I noticed that the top right of the bottom part of my y510 laptop was raised up a bit, and then after further inspection I saw it is actually cracked. At this point there is an actual gap over the cd drive because it's split so much, I just leave it open at all times now to avoid making it worse. I didn't think such a thing would be convered under warranty (figured it would be seen as user error) so I just accepted it, but after I told my friend they found out that it is a common occurance. I am about a month out of warranty (so it did happen while I was under warranty, but of course I can't 'prove' that) and I was wondering what my options are? Thanks.