Support in other languages: 
Serial Port
djonepl

Y510 Hinge Problem :( !!!!

[ Edited ]

Ok not so long ago i started hearing a click while opening the laptop, i ignored it as i thought it was my finger hooking on the plastic but no i was wrong one of the hinges broke off from the plastic and its doing damage to my laptop here are some pictures of whats going on to it while opening the laptop.

http://idealan.net/lenovo/tn_DSC00653.JPG
http://idealan.net/lenovo/tn_DSC00654.JPG
http://idealan.net/lenovo/tn_DSC00656.JPG

now my question is what should i do will they accept it at repair, :smileysad:

Message Edited by nonny on 08-06-2008 09:19 PM
What's DOS?
keablerkeabler

Broken Chassis for Ideapad y510

I bout my Y510 about 6months ago on ebay, Anyway, the mounts for the Hinges has apparently been broken. And now, the back chassis needs tobe replaced, Anyone know where I can buy one?
Mark_Lenovo
Topics: 407
Kudos: 1,278
Solutions: 275

Re: Broken Chassis for Ideapad y510

keablekeabler,

Unless you abused the system, dropped, or otherwise damaged this yourself, I would think warranty should cover this.

Have you contacted support and tried to submit this for warranty repair citing the hinge failures, and then resulting damage to the lower chasis and plastics?

Mark

ThinkPads: S30, T43, X60t, X1, W700ds, IdeaPad Y710, IdeaCentre: A300, IdeaPad K1
Mark Hopkins
Program Manager, Lenovo Social Media (Services)
www.twitter.com/lenovoforums
www.facebook.com/lenovo

English English Community      Deutsche Deutsche Community      Español Comunidad en Español

Mark_Lenovo

Re: Y510 Hinge Problem :( !!!!

djonepl,

Sorry about that!    Please contact support and arrange for this to be serviced.   If you haven't dropped or otherwise abused the system, we should repair this for you.

Please let me know if you have any trouble.

Best regards,

Mark

ThinkPads: S30, T43, X60t, X1, W700ds, IdeaPad Y710, IdeaCentre: A300, IdeaPad K1
Mark Hopkins
www.facebook.com/lenovo

English English Community      Deutsche Deutsche Community      Español Comunidad en Español

Serial Port
djonepl

Thank You for prompt replay Mark, i will deff contact the technical support and no i havent dropped it anywher.

Serial Port
djonepl

I just got the laptop back from the rapair, fedex delayd the delivery for one day but its ok overall Exelent service.

Rapair took no longer than a day and i had the laptop back same week i sent it.

Fanfold Paper
drcyrus3d

We have the exact same problem, but it's not so opened yet. I will contact them tomorrow.

Thank you for your detailed post djonepl. It was very helpful!

Punch Card
nat0snake

Lenovo Technicians damaged my laptop!

[ Edited ]

I sent my almost brand new lenovo y510 into lenovo because the hinge broke.  A couple days ago I recieved the laptop back but immidately noticed something was wrong as I took the laptop out of the box.  The plastic at the front of the laptop had been dented in a couple of spots.  While that was kind of annoying I got even more annoyed when I opened the laptop.  The ideapad logo next to the keyboard was peeling off and had scratch marks around it.  And there was a pretty deep scratch mark running from about 1 cm on the glossy touch media button to the top of the keyboard.  This is really annoying to me because I know when I sent it in none of these problems were there.  Should I give lenovo a call back?  Do you think they will do anything about it?

Thanks

Heres the pictures by the way

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m151/nat0snake/IMG_0615.jpg

http://i103.photobucket.com/albums/m151/nat0snake/IMG_0623.jpg

Message Edited by nat0snake on 08-18-2008 10:02 AM
Message Edited by nat0snake on 08-18-2008 02:37 PM
Message Edited by nat0snake on 08-29-2008 01:11 PM
Message Edited by nonny on 08-30-2008 10:26 AM
andyP
Topics: 185
Kudos: 680
Solutions: 609

Re: Lenovo Technicians damaged my laptop!

You should of course call service back and send them the photos, they will be able to tell you which e-mail address you need to send them to. Make sure you include the call number in the subject line of the e-mail. 

Andy  

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos
Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you. Forum Search Option

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.
FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.

de.gif  Deutsche Community   es.gif  Comunidad en Español  uk.gif  English Community

PepperonI blog 

Mark_Lenovo

Re: Lenovo Technicians damaged my laptop!

nat0snake,

Sorry to hear about the condition in which you received your laptop back.   We should resolve these issues for you.

Please do call and re-engage service and give them a chance to make this right.   In parallel, would you please send me a PM with your case number from your last repair?

While these circumstances are regrettable, we should take the opportunity to learn what we can from them so that we can avoid them in the future.

Thanks for sharing with us.

Mark

Mark Hopkins
www.facebook.com/lenovo