Paper Tape
Schwe

Re: Y510 Screen / Hinge Problem

What does SC mean? South Carolia?

I'm in NY... so I need to ship it out? :smileysad:

Serial Port
mikepasta

Re: Y510 Screen / Hinge Problem

He means that you need to ship the notebook to a Service Center. The depot is in Texas. Lenovo will send you a box to ship the laptop to the service center (SC) to be repaired. Good luck!
Beer... It does a body good!
What's DOS?
jcravindra

Re: Y510 hinge broken

I got Y510 four months back. A fortnight ago while opening the lid, cracked noise was heard and I saw that the speaker control side hinge is broken. I am using this laptop in India. So I spoke to Lenovo office in Delhi and the lady advised me to take it to Lenovo's service Centre at Saki Naka, Andheri, which I did on 15th Sept 2008. The Engineer there saw the defect and noted my email saying that they will reply me same evening. The reply is not yet reached.

Now my laptop has become the desktop with its shutter kept open, which shakes as it is resting only on one hinge. Earlier DVD was working now it has stopped. The Engineer at Lenovo Service Centre said that the hinge parts are not available in India. Thereafter when I surfed on the net I came across number of similar complaints wordwide. In most of them except one the customers problem was not resolved.

I do not know what to do, neither I can load Windows Office, Antivirus programs on it. 

Does anybody has solution for it.

RJC

amv
What's DOS?
amv

Re: Y510 hinge broken

Hi RJC

I sent my lenovo to the service centre in Sydney and got it the following week.  They seem to have fixed the broken hinge and everything seems to be working fine.  The only thing I noticed is when I tried using yahoo messenger voice, the person I was talking to kept telling me to speak louder.  So, I don't know if the mic of the laptop has been affected by this. 

Fanfold Paper
DeadlyRed

Y510 Replacement case

I was wondering if anyone knew where I could order a replacement case for my Y510. The screws on the top right (If you had it upside down) have broken the little plastic holders, and now whenever I open it I get a horrible popping noise and it doesn't close right. I would send it in under warranty, however I figure after I replaced my cpu and upgraded my ram, there will be no more warranty to be found. Any help on this issue is greatly appreciated.
Retired Guru
skripatch

Re: Y510 Replacement case

You've lost your warranty on hose things you've replaced. Your case is still under warranty I guess. Call support and the'll help you.
//help will save the world
Fanfold Paper
DeadlyRed

Re: Y510 Replacement case

Aye thanks for the help skri. Talked to Lenovo today, the guy said that the case should still be under warranty, but if the techs decide it was my fault I'll have to pay for a new case, which is like 60 bucks, and fine with me. Also said labor should be under warranty, so I'm hoping either way it'll be somewhere around 60. But who knows, they could always decide to rape me.
What's DOS?
hanchate

Re: Y510 Hinge Problem :( !!!!

I have the same issue with the laptop hinge, it has broken and the damage is now increasing. I am currently on a trip to India and will be here for couple of months. I can't send the laptop to US for service, can anyone suggest where I can get it repaired in India. I am located in Ahmedabad. Will be warrantly be still valid as I bought the laptop in March 2008. Is the warranty international one?
Fanfold Paper
drcyrus3d

Here you can find the customer support phone number list:

http://www-307.ibm.com/pc/support/site.wss/document.do?lndocid=MIGR-4HWSE3

There are some India numbers so try it out!!!

My experience was 11 Stars out of 10  :smileyvery-happy:

I called, they sent me a box, i placed the notebook in and sent it (it was already payed so it didn't cost me a dime).

It was back in 5 working days. Out of which 4 it was only the road with fedex :smileyvery-happy:

So i will definetly stick with lenovo products!

What's DOS?
hanchate

Thanks for the reply, dude. Did you get the hinge repair done in India? I had bought the machine in US in Feb 08, and assuming that my warranty is international warranty.

Will the indian ibm honour the US warranty? Did you pay anything to the Indian IBM for repair? To which city (adress if you can give) did you mail the laptop? I am located in Ahmedabad India.

thanks in advance