Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fanfold Paper
drcyrus3d

Re: Y510 Hinge Problem :( !!!!

Hi mate,

I did the hole process in the USA. But policy should be the same all over the world if there is an international warraty available. :smileyvery-happy:

They repaired the hinge and it looks/works like new!

Call them up, as i know they have 24/7 service.

Let us know what you achieved.

Fanfold Paper
DeadlyRed

Re: Y510 Replacement case

UPDATE:

Well, I talked to Lenovo on the phone and they had said unless it was found that the case was damaged due to something I did, it would be replaced for free. I was figuring they were going to say that since I'd replaced components, I'd somehow damaged it. But the cool thing was, even if it was found to be my fault, the new case was only $60 dollars, and labor was still free. So I send it in, all paid over night shipping by Lenovo, and now, less than a week after I sent it in, it's back in my hands, repaired for free! This is definitely the best warranty system I've ever dealt with (and working at an ISP/computer repair shop, I've had some real horror stories from companies like Acer and the such). So if any Lenovo people happen to see this, thanks a million, you guys are great! And thanks again Skri, without you I probably would've just duct taped it together XD

What's DOS?
jmanonuevo

I have the same issue, it occured on October, 19, 2008, 8 months after I purchased the laptop.

I went to close my laptop screen, left for a minute, came back, opened it, and it cracked before even completely opening it. It was also, just the left side of the screen, where the battery level is. I closed it, then tried to reopen it, and it kept making the cracking noise, while actually cracking the plastic inside (the snaps I think, and anchors). Also, one of the screws and a brass screw ring fell out.

I was so furious, it worked perfectly for the last 8 months, but I'm actually not surprised that it did crack. When I open and close the laptop, it does seem like it could put a lot of pressure on the plastic from the strain of the hinge.

I was thankful to still be under warranty with Lenovo. I called Lenovo, with their very prompt and very open customer support line to explain the situation. The technician instantly knew what I was talking about and said that it is relatively common. He said that he'd send me a packing box within one day, and I'd receive my laptop at most 7-10 business days, usually 5 days though.

Although, I'll be out of a laptop for the next week, I'll be glad to get that hinge fixed!

@djonepl, the images you took are identical to the hinge I have right now.

Paper Tape
moosa

Y510 Hinge Problem

I bought my notebook only this May 2008.  Everything is working fine on it. Today i have noticed that right side of the screen hinge got broked near the volume control. Can some one help me to know how to log a call with service center. Also please give me the US ideapad service center no.

Thanks in advance.

Fanfold Paper
DeadlyRed

Re: Y510 Hinge Problem

Had almost the exact same thing happen to me (The screws from the bottom of the case had broken and the case was pulling apart). Call support and they should get you helped out, return time on my laptop from the first time I talked to support to receiving my laptop back from repair was less than two weeks. And it was all free, so yeah go ahead and give them a ring, they're all kinds of helpful.
Paper Tape
skotagiri

RANT: waiting for my Y510 to be back from repairs

I had a broken hinge and I called up the friendly lenovo technical support. They even sent me a pre-paid shipping box. Intially they have given me an estimete for 5-10 days. It has been a week all they tell me is they are waiting for some part. The upper case if I am not wrong. I mean,what sort of Lenovo service center does not stock its cases man! Or all the Y510 pieces are having the same problem and they dont have enough cases stocked?

/RANT

apart from the delays in getting it repaired, I find Y510 an excellent product.

Retired Guru
skripatch

Re: RANT: waiting for my Y510 to be back from repairs

In Moscow some people had such issues and they were fixed in one workday each time.
//help will save the world
Paper Tape
skotagiri

Re: RANT: waiting for my Y510 to be back from repairs

UPDATE: 2 weeks and still waiting. The rub is, when I call Customer support for status they say they are still waiting for parts.

When i got mad and asked them to send the laptop back to me un-repaired, she said it could not be done as the parts have arrived. Again the next day, they say they are waiting for part. Hellooo am I missing something here?????

Blue Screen Again
n1xan

hi!i`ve just purchased the lenovo y510 laptop from compusa.com and as i allways do,i made a research about the product ,that i want to buy and from all the reviews and videos i saw,i thought that this computer is grate,BUT now i found this forum and i see that almost every computer from this model has sound , hindle ,keyboard and moousepad problems! So is there any chance that my computer won`t have these problems and i it won`t be nessesary to send the machine back to the usa(i`ll use it in Bulgaria) to have it rapaired... i`m realy scared with all these issues.

i ordered the y510 with 250 GB Hard disc,3 GB memory,core2duo processor , 2GHz i that has any matter....

and do you know if i can cancel my order because it`s not shipped yet

thank you

Fanfold Paper
drcyrus3d

Expect to have the hinge problem (i think it is a design issue), just as other guys had before you posted this question.

In regard with the other issues you were asking about, my lenovo y510 is perfect! I had no other issues beside the hinge!

As i know lenovo has worldwide support, so if something happens you should be able to repair it at a certified lenovo dealer.

Call customer support and see how these thing are going! :smileyvery-happy: