Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Blue Screen Again
Eric_G

Y510 Win7 Upgrade Issues

Hello All,

I recently purchased an IdeaPad Y510 from a friend who had it for 2-3 years. It is in excellent condition and it was reset with the Novo button prior to getting it. 

Needing a larger HDD and with no obvious upgrade option from Lenovo, I purchased a 500GB HDD and a new Windows 7 Pro DVD. Installation was without a hitch, with one exception so far.

The internal microphone does not seem to hear anything. I checked the settings and all seems to be correctly configured, but I may be missing something. 

Does anyone have any idea what may resolve the issue? By the way, I tried the Vista driver for the sound board, but it did not seem to have the necessary files. 

Thanks in advance!

Eric

tanujhanda
Topics: 3
Kudos: 80
Solutions: 65

Re: Y510 Win7 Upgrade Issues

Hello Eric_G and welcome to community,

The issue seems to be audio driver.

Kindly check if the audio driver is installed properly and also check with external microphone.

If you have detail of sound card then get the driver from sound card manufacturer for Windows 7

Best Regards,

Tanuj

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution".! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!