Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
Woraug
Accepted Solution

Y510 & Windows 7 x64 "plugged in, not charging"

I recently upgraded my Y510 from Vista to 7 x64, and now it refuses to charge.  It can't be the battery, as it functioned just fine under Vista not even a day ago.

I have all the appropriate drivers, energycut, the ACPI fix, ect.

Any ideas?

Retired Employee
JameZ

Re: Y510 & Windows 7 x64 "plugged in, not charging"

I don't think that the Y510 supports Win 7. Are you installing Vista drivers on the Win7 platform?

Can you try installing Lenovo Energy Management from Y570 series and see if it helps.

http://consumersupport.lenovo.com/ot/en/DriversDownLoads/Drivers_Show_4920.html

//JameZ

Check out the Community Knowledge Base for hints and tips.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

W520 | 4176-38U | i7 - 2720QM | Quardo 1000M | 8GB RAM | 60GB OCZ Agility 3

Paper Tape
Woraug

Sorry about taking so long to respond.  I had to RMA the HD.

Anyway, the Y570 version didn't help.

What's DOS?
Jonshep

I see from this forum that your problem was solved, except it wasn't.  First, the Y510 is not much of a computer.  It will spend more time being repaired than operating.  After you have replaced the hard drive, the hinges, the charging circuits an loaded Win 7 64 Pro, you may have a fair computer.  Lenovo doesn't support Win 7 64 bit, so, you have to find your own solutions.  Forget loading any drivers from Lenovo for the Y510 except the basic stuff like video and sound.  You must load the 64 bit software for the next step up Lenovo.  Sorry, I don't remember the model number but it is a 600 or 700.  The energy management system and Veriface all will work on the Y510.  Unfortunately, the "Pluged in, not charging" will occur intermitently.  To get back in charging mode, power it down, remove the battery, press and hold the power button for a minute or so, put the battery back in and power it on.  It should now charge...or not.  These things are fickel.