Support in other languages: 
Paper Tape
simard57

Y530 Sound

The volume of my Y530 is not loud even when at full volume. Before getting the Ideapad Y530 I read about the better then average sound - with a subwoofer... but mine is barely loud enough to enjoy. Maybe something wrong with my Laptop? I expected something more powerful then I have experienced.

any tweaks I can use to improve the sound?

Retired Guru
ortegaluis

Re: Y530 Sound

Unfortunately the speakers used in the Y530 aren't as good as those that come in laptops from other manufacturers. Some media sources will be louder than others but you are pretty much stuck with what you bought.

\\ I do not respond to PM regarding individual tech support. Keep discussions in the forum for the benefit of others //
Retired Guru
skripatch

In some versions of drivers thare's a bug - you have to go to Windows built-in sound manager and there increase level of overall sound output to make sound louder. Try this.
//help will save the world
Paper Tape
dasumpta

I just bought a Y530 and the sound is heavily distorted.  It is horrible to listen to music, videos, anything.  Is this normal?
Paper Tape
simard57

where is this control?
Retired Guru
skripatch

dasumpta, try just changing equalizer mode. Try reinstalling drivers, changing player.

simard57, Start->Control Panel->Audio 

Paper Tape
simard57

Thanks - but there is not Audio selection in Control Panel. There is a Sounds one though so I will check that

I am using Vista Home Edition and the CP is in the Classic Mode!

don

Retired Guru
skripatch

Currently I use Russian Windows and for that some my translations to english may be different from those of you have.

You may look for what I told previously in Sound section, not in nonexistent Audio section.

Paper Tape
simard57

I am adjusting the system sound. the control is for max volume but the test ding barely shows. The meter only shows a small amount. on a scale of 1-10 - it is less then a 1.

don

Retired Guru
skripatch

This indicates that system driver recieves sound of low level.

Are you sure you have adjusted playback volume level to maximum in your player? Maybe it is time to change player? Try using VLC player.