Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Blue Screen Again
szatkoff

Re: Y550 No Intel VT Support?

Have you contacted tech support? If not, do so. Complaining about it here will not get you far.
Ctrl-Alt-Del
randomohok

Fanfold Paper
redoxrick

I actually just posted a comment on the first website(theregister) about this exact problem before finding this thread. I hope this issue gets some attention.
Paper Tape
buraktopal

[ Edited ]

When come a new bios for enable-disable VT on lenovo ideapads?

Lenovo customers wait....

I buy y550 for only VT

:smileymad:

Note from Moderator:  Please don't post the same message in multiple boards/threads as it splinters the discussion.  Duplicate(s) removed.

Message Edited by JaneL on 08-15-2009 12:25 PM
Punch Card
eeKyy

Hi, Just tested XP mode in Windows 7 Enterprise, and it doesn`t work ;( Still have hope for vt support bios update.
Ideapad Y530; P9500 @ 2.53 GHz; 250 GB 7200 rpm HDD; 4 GB OCZ RAM, nVIDIA GeForce 9300M GS
802.11n
christopherlang

Re: NO XP Mode for Lenovo Notebooks!!!

I am going to try to get a full refund for mine as well. Other than this it has been a good machine but for me this is a deal breaker. I should wish I would have known before the fact how misleading Lenovo's marketing is. Waiting now on a call back regarding the refund. Will update the forums as soon as I have some sort of response.

Blue Screen Again
szatkoff

Any luck christopherlang? If you are able to return yours, I may consider returning mine for a full refund as well. Lenovo is obviously not interested in retaining us as customers and Windows 7 will be out shortly and I have a need for XP mode.

Punch Card
chargersfan420

+1 Furious

It seems there aren't a lot of Y710 users here.  Since the Y710 documentation explicitly stated VT support, should I be even angrier than most of the people in this thread?

It's not just VT that pisses me off about this laptop.  There are a number of other issues with the BIOS that only present themselves when using an OS other than Windows.  My DSDT table had 13 errors when i recompiled it with the Intel compiler, which is the only DSDT compiler that is actually ACPI specification compliant.  The Microsoft compiler just makes sure that your DSDT table is good enough to run a Microsoft OS, which is also an unacceptable business practice.

IMHO, this laptop is a beautiful collection of hardware in a slick package.  It's too bad that they rushed through the most important part, the BIOS coding, which led to a $2000 piece of crap.  Also IMHO, I don't care if its consumer line or not, If i'm paying $2K for this machine, it better work like it's supposed to, and have all advertised features available.

If Lenovo doesn't resolve this issue soon, I will NEVER buy another Lenovo product again, and neither will the company I work for, where i manage the IT department.  Most of our laptops are aging thinkpads that will need to be replaced soon.

(on a side note, i don't know what's worse, paying for a feature i can't use, or watching people on this thread switch to supporting Apple)

Fanfold Paper
kinda_angry

Looks weird that lenovo decided to follow in Sony's footsteps... 

802.11n
christopherlang

No, nothing yet...