Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Fanfold Paper
Y550man
Accepted Solution

Y550 gpu drivers issue

I've repeated tried to update graphics drivers on my lenovo ideapad y550 240m nvidia card. it worked fine up untill anything above 266. install is fine, then when i reboot it says that the device hyas stopped working (my video card) in device manager. tried installing 285 or newer  driver and get the same problem.

This is the exact error I get

Windows has stopped this device because it has reported problems. (Code 43)

after installing the drivers.

I have tried several drivers for Windows 7 x32 and tried on Windows x64, same story. No drivers since 266.58 early 2011 working.

Nvidia support said, they can't do anyting with that. They said i can only blame Lenovo, that there're not updating drivers fo "older" cards :-/.

Person for lenovo live chat support after i explained him that issue, said he can try to help me find "working" drivers for only 58$ premuim support fee ( one time ).

So as a lenovo client / user i should pay for help?! really. So support have working driver, but they will give us only if we pay for it ^^

I have searching for the fix more then month now. I have searched several forum and saw "several" peaoples with that issue and not only with 240M card.

Hope any1 can help me with that.

802.11n
velenoso666

Re: Y550 gpu drivers issue

Have you tried something like this fix it tool.

Fanfold Paper
Y550man

It isn't system issue. It is drivers issue. Like i said i can use older driver ( 1 year old ). Nvidia said, they know there's is a issue...but only Lenovo can fix it, not them by releasing  / updating drivers for older laptops.

802.11n
velenoso666

If I got a code 43 error, I would try to fix a code 43 error. If you would go about this issue any other way, so be it, good luck.

Fanfold Paper
Y550man

[ Edited ]

Really? Do you even know what 43 error code is? Device stop working. No error on older driver, error on all other new driver.

Seems to be logic for me, it is drivers issue not system as i tried on Vista / Win 7 with no luck.

Even Nvidia said that its drivers issue and laptop manufacturer should fix it not them.

Thats why i asking here as lenovo customer. But Lenovo drivers for 240m and few others gpu's have drivers from 2009 and didn't updated since then.

I did bought Lenovo laptop, so i should expect to get any support help without paying "58$" for an answer, don't you think?

Community Moderator
Zehnsteine

Hi Man,

please download needed Lenovo approved drivers for the Y550 model free of charge from Drivers & Downloads page...

http://consumersupport.lenovo.com/us/en/DriversDownloads/drivers_list.aspx?CategoryID=207087

good Luck... Zehn

Fanfold Paper
Y550man

Did you even read my post or just title?

Lenovo drivers are outdated ^^ from 2009.

Fanfold Paper
Y550man

Still need an help.  Any1 have any clue what to do, to get new drivers work.

802.11n
fiesta

Hey guys,

For Win 7 32 bit:

http://consumersupport.lenovo.com/us/en/DriversDownloads/drivers_show_3773.html

For Win 7 64 bit:

http://consumersupport.lenovo.com/us/en/DriversDownloads/drivers_show_3774.html

These should do just fine.

If your not sure about installing sister model's driver, just make sure you've backedup your stuff, and restore to Last Good Config.

But they will do.

Post back,

Cheers.

What's DOS?
icius

Can you tell us which sister model drivers you used?   The links you provided just take me to the main driver selection page.