Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
Accepted Solution

Y550 lenovo drive O: factory default

my factory default partition coming appear

and then my okr gets me an error on creating factory disk recovery and says cannot find the service partition !!!

now what can i do 2 fix this poblem

Thnx,

Retired Guru
Duck3

Re: Y550 lenovo drive O: factory default

You must change the partition type so it is hidden again.

Here is the best possible solution I have found on the forum for this problem.

Use caution to choose the correct partition to change!

Remember to "Run as Administrator".

Thanks to ortegaluis!

LINK

XBrav
Topics: 16
Kudos: 82
Blog Posts: 0
Solutions: 37

Re: Y550 lenovo drive O: factory default

Here's the method I use, without downloading software:

1) Right-click Computer, click Manage.

2) Under Storage, click Disk Management

3) Right-click the O:, and select Change Drive Letter and Paths...

4) Click Remove. It will no longer show up in My Computer.

If the disk creator requires it to be a certain drive letter, say Z:, you can change it to Z: in this panel as well.

Good Luck!

←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗
Tap that kudos button if I helped ^^
←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗←↑→↓↘↙↖↗
pn
Paper Tape
pn

The program cannot find the service partition. This function is currently unavailable.

[ Edited ]

This error message used to appear when i tried using one key recovery after i had once aborted creating recovery disks using one key recovery. The problem is fixed now thanks to Lenovo consumer support. The following are the steps to be followed.

OKR partition becomes visible, NOVO (OKR) recovery not working – boots ordinary OS.
Know. ID :IG20100210-013

Symptom: 
If pressing NOVO button in shutdown state ordinary OS is loaded, not WinPE. WinPE partition is visible in “My Computer”, user can interact with this partition as if it is ordinary one.

AFFECTED CONFIGURATIONS:
All laptops with OKR 6.0 and OKR 7.0

SOLUTION:
This happens when type of partition is changed. Normally all NTFS partitions have 0x7 (7h) type while EISA partition has 0x12 (12h) type. To change this, user must enter console with elevated privileges (run “cmd “as administrator) and perform following actions:

1. type “diskpart” and press “Enter”
2. type “list disk” and press “Enter”
3. note which one of listed disks is user’s HDD, type “sel disk X” (where X is number of user’s HDD) and press “Enter”
4. type “list part” and press “Enter”
5. note which partition is WinPE one and type “sel part X” (where X is number of WinPE partition (usually it is the last one and has the biggest number)) and press “Enter”.
6. type “set” and press “Enter”
7. type “exit” and press “Enter”

Hope it works for you folks too.

html code edited, tables removed. 

Fanfold Paper
Sckg560

Re: The program cannot find the service partition. This function is currently unavailable.

The sixth of point can't work. The command syntax "bad". Please write again. :smileyhappy: I need a good solution. :smileyhappy:
Community Moderator
yigit

Re: The program cannot find the service partition. This function is currently unavailable.

original documents are in polish & russian

http://www.ki-themes.com
What's DOS?
adster

I was having this same problem and while I used the instructions from this post, they were incomplete at the end. I translated the KB article and this is the full instruction set that helped me:

Open the command prompt (type CMD in the Search programs and files area of the start button)

1. type “diskpart” and press “Enter”
2. type “list disk” and press “Enter”
3. note which one of listed disks is user’s HDD, type “sel disk X” (where X is number of user’s HDD) and press “Enter”
4. type “list part” and press “Enter”
5. note which partition is WinPE one and type “sel part X” (where X is number of WinPE partition (usually it is the last one and has the biggest number)) and press “Enter”.  (Mine was Partition 3, the 14GB partition, yours could be different)
6. type “set id = 12” and press “Enter”
7. type “exit” and press “Enter”

Paper Tape
Pcfesallen

Thanks so much for this advice Adster  by following your advice, I have been able to back up my new machine without any forther issues.

I have been trying to solve this problem for so long, and your posting has sorted it!

i hope that they will work equally well if/ when I need to reinstall :-))

I would gladly pay a few quid extra for a proper recovery disk.... please make it an option Lenovo!

Community Moderator
yigit

@ pcfesallen

you can burn recovery discs.

http://www.ki-themes.com
What's DOS?
skister

Brilliant!! Thanks so much for putting it on record! I partitioned my new laptop as soon as I got it, and to my utter shock, the OKR lost its link to the recovery partition, without my touching it itself!!

Searched high and low for 2 days, desperately trying to fix it, until I found your post... the only clear and simple one that does not need additional software!!

Bless you! Have a great day!