Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
BajY560
Accepted Solution

Y560 Keeps Sleeping and Auto Adjusting Brightness

Hi, My Lenovo Y560 2BU continues to fall asleep (strangely mainly at night when I am asleep) regardless of what setting I have it at.  I currently have it at the High Performance Mode with it never falling asleep either on battery or on power (just to ensure it was not getting the settings mixed up between battery and plugged in) but it continues to do so every night once I go to sleep.  I seldom does it during the day and I am not changing any settings.

In addition the brightness continues to auto adjust to the lowest setting no matter how many times I change the setting.  I use dual monitors but need them calibrated carefully as I use them to process pictures.  I cannot continue to use the laptop if it continues to auto adjust and I will have to return it or something.

I have checked for updated drivers and nothing.  I purchased the box at the beginning of September and there are no updated drivers.  I have no other programme running in the background.  What is even more odd, though it may be a coincidence, is that my Sony Bravia is now auto adjusting its brightness but erraticaly which seemed to have occurred after connecting it to the laptops HDMI, regardless of whether they are still connected or not.

Community Moderator
yigit

Re: Y560 Keeps Sleeping and Auto Adjusting Brightness

change the settings for both lenovo and microsoft power management.

http://www.ki-themes.com
Paper Tape
BajY560

Hi, I did both as well as the ATI Catalyst Application. What I realized today, that in addition to both power management applications and ATI there is a Theatre button just below the screen on the right that overrides everything else when it is set to INTELLIGENT.

Once it senses audio or a video it reduces the brightness regardless of whether I increase it or not. Considering I use two monitors and usually listen to or watch a show when working, the INTELLIGENT feature senses the launch of the Media player and changes the settings., once on AUTO. I now have it on Normal.

Thanks however for your support and take care.
SCSI Port
Meetloaf13

Thank you for your reply back after solving this...i too had it on "intelligent", hopefully this stops the auto-dimming.

| Lenovo Y560 06465BU | i7-740QM 1.73GHz | ATI HD 5730 1GB | 15.4" HD LED 1366x768 LGD229 | Intel Wi-Fi 1000 | Win 7 HP x64 | Bluetooth 2.1 + EDR | 3dMark06 8189 | BIOS v62