Support in other languages: 
Ctrl-Alt-Del
Viksa
Accepted Solution

Y560 - Problems when running games

Hi everyone,

I bought the Y560 about a year and a half ago and I've been a happy owner ever since.

A few days ago I formated the drives and reinstalled Windows and ever since I'm having problems when running Battlefield 3.

The problem is the following: After a few minutes in game the screen freezes and I can only hear a 'grrrrrrrrrrr' sound through the speakers. I can not issue any keyboard command and can only force-shut down the laptop.

I had no problems running the game prior to reinstalling Windows so I assume that the issue lies in a driver conflict, but how can I know which drivers are causing this?

Does anyone have any ideas on how to resolve this issue?

Many thanks,

Viksa

Serial Port
madseason

Re: Y560 - Problems when running games

Install all possible drivers for your laptop from official lenovo support site, direct x9.0 and all updates including optional (excluding languages) for Windows. It solves 90% of problems :smileyhappy:
=============================================================================================
y460, i7 640m, 8GB 1066 CL-7, 80GB SSD Intel 310 pci-e + 500GB HDD WD, ATI 5650m + eGPU GTX 560 Ti 2GB GDDR5
802.11n
velenoso666

If your game played well out of the box, why not try doing a one key recovery to get your system back to the day you took it out of the box.

Ctrl-Alt-Del
Viksa

[ Edited ]

I tried reinstalling all drivers and that didnt help.

And unfortunately, I bought the laptop with no OS and somehow managed to make my recovery partition useless. Dont even have it anymore...

Is there any software that runs in the background and scans for driver conflicts?

EDIT: Last time the PC froze, I restarted the game right after I restarted the PC and this time the system froze much faster. The first time I could run it for about 10 minutes and the next time only 1 minute. Any ideas why this could be so?

Ctrl-Alt-Del
Viksa

Problem solved! It turned out that the issue was with the game.

Thank you all.