Support in other languages: 
Paper Tape
jcheng461
Accepted Solution

Y560 Screen Turns off Automatically

Hi all,

My Ideapad Y560's screen turns off after 1 minute of being idle.

The current energy management settings says it should do this after 5 minutes of being idle. Any ideas?

Paper Tape
jcheng461

Re: Y560 Screen Turns off Automatically

Figured it out. Turns out I had my screensaver set to 1 minute, and it was "Blank". Last I remembered, I had it at "No screensaver". Maybe it got changed when I changed my desktop theme. (this is for Win 7)

Cleo_Lenovo
Topics: 77
Kudos: 235
Solutions: 125

Re: Y560 Screen Turns off Automatically

[ Edited ]

Hi jcheng461,

Welcome to Lenovo Forum!

I am a bit curious when you mentioned that you have done the settings in Lenovo Energy Management software but the Win 7 Power Scheme accessed via screen saver does not reflect the same.

I do not have ideapad but ThinkPad with Win XP installed. I notice that whatever i've changed in Power Manager software will be updated in Win XP Power Scheme settings. I'm not sure how ideapad works, but logically both utilities should be sync.

Are you sure have the latest Lenovo Energy management from support site?

WW Social Media

Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.

English English Community   Deutsche Deutsche Community   Español Comunidad en Español