Support in other languages: 
Fanfold Paper
Stromos

Y560 Sleep Issue

I have an issue I have not found on the forums on my new Y560.  About 25% of the time when I put the laptop to sleep it will not wake up again.  When this happens the caps lock and num lock lights are lit on the keyboard and the power light blinks.  When you hit the power button to wake up the laptop the two lights go out then come back on when I release the power button.  The only thing I can do when this happens is unplug the laptop and pull the battery.  It is completely hit and miss when the sleep issue occurs.  I have tried updating the intel drivers indivually swapped having usb devices attached or not attached. 

This one is completely beyond me.......

IdeaPad Y560 Laptop - 06465CU

Bios Version 62

Windows 7 Ultimate

Paper Tape
frost37

Re: Y560 Sleep Issue

When it happens: close the screen, wait 10 seconds and open the screen again. It works 100% of the time for me, and no need to reboot.

Fanfold Paper
Stromos

Next time the issue happens I will try frost37's suggested fix.

Fanfold Paper
Stromos

The issue happened again last night.  I was unable to wake the laptop up from sleep.  I opened the lid then shut it for fifteen seconds opened the lid and it still did the same thing where the lights blink but the laptop doesn't come out of sleep mode.  This shouldn't be confused with the blank display issue the laptop is not waking up at all there is no sound coming from the machine just the blinking lights.  I have recorded trying to wake it up this time on video so I'll try to upload it after work.

Community Moderator
yigit

could be driver or power management issue.

try to re-install power management first, if it doesn't work, please check the system logs for errors and post back if issue persists.

http://www.krasotaiskusstva.com
Paper Tape
Alex1261

Try this, it always works for me. Instead of restarting your laptop, press Fn + F1 to make it go to sleep, and then press it again to wake it up.

Fanfold Paper
Stromos

Pushing Fn + F1 doesn't help.  The laptop doesn't wake up so there is no way it will go asleep again.  I need to emphasize its not just the screen not coming on the laptop doesn't wake up period.  Zero sound coming from it just the lights.

Community Moderator
yigit

check if issue persists on safe mode.

if does, it may be hardware issue, call lenovo support line and ship it back.

if doesn't, from download page, try to update drivers and bios.

Fanfold Paper
Stromos

Now on BIOS 71 waiting to see if the issue is resolved....

Community Moderator
yigit

please, post back the results.