Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
What's DOS?
roboh

Y560 Start Up Problems !

I have a Y560 and on start up you here the fan turn on and then it gets real loud like it is on high . The screen does not turn on and it just stays on high (the fan) I can hold down on the off button and it shuts off which is the only function that it will do ! When I restart it the same things happen ! Any help would be greatly appreciated !!!   Thanks  !!!

Retired Employee
Serge1410

Re: Y560 Start Up Problems !

hey roboh,

from what you have mentioned, i recommend getting in contact with the service center and bring your unit to be looked at.

http://bit.ly/LNVsuppNum

WW Social Media
Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
Have you checked out the Community Knowledgebase yet?!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.
What's DOS?
katomintochi

Re: Y560 Start Up Problems !

roboh I've also come across a similar problem. I would often turn on my computer with nothing more than a black screen and the fan running. It would run pass the initial start up screen but that is it. I couldn't quite figure out what was wrong with it but I did notice it happened more often when I was using an external connector with my HDMI. Have you attempted to run your computer in safe mode, or does it not come up with any display at all?

My issue has been alleviated for now as this happened about a month or two ago. I cold restarted it (pressing and holding the power button on the black screen) and after a few trys an automated disk error repair screen popped up. This took about 1-2.5 hrs or more (I didn't time it). Since then it has been running normally.