Support in other languages: 
What's DOS?
selami21

Re: Y560 fan running

I got an i7 y560 w/o switch graphics one, and lately, its been running constantly high and low, and its just a few days old too. Can anybody help what I can do to reduce this noise?

Community Moderator
yigit

Re: Y560 fan running

try to perform clean windows installation by pressing one key recover button, update graphic drivers & flash bios update if there's new.

http://consumersupport.lenovo.com/au/en/DriversDownLoads/APR_Driver_List.aspx?CategoryID=661448&OS=0

http://www.krasotaiskusstva.com
Blue Screen Again
panzer

Y560 Fan control utility?

[ Edited ]

Hi All

I just got a Y560 and am wondering if there is any fan control utility for this laptop?

I installed Dragon age and Even with a few mins of play I noticed the temp of the GPU (ATI MobRadeon 5730) rocket to 70 Cs and the fan doesnt seem to be working a lot .(i use the CPUID software with tis widget to monitor the cpu and GPU temps right now).

Is there a way for me to set Fan speed profiles? with temperature triggers? like...set fans to 80% if GPU temp reaches 70C? I wonder if there is any utility, either 3rd party or lenovo that allowed me to do that. 

Also apart from the laptop fan, which utility can I use to set the ATI fan speeds?

ps: i used to have a dell with an Nvidia; so im a newbie to Lenovo.

any help is appreciated

regards

:smileyhappy:

SCSI Port
markozutic

Re: Y560 Fan control utility?

i have tryed many apps, MSI Afterburner, and difrent types of ati tools but nothing seem to worked for me, 59 bios here, 
laptop fan's maximum speed is 60 %, it could go more obviously, but laptop itself dont let me control it, maybe others found solution to this?

btw there is only ONE FAN , and procesor and Graphics card share it, so i dont know how this should be done...

Blue Screen Again
panzer

Hi

Thank you for the reply. You are correct about the fan being shared by the gpu and cpu. my bad.  

I wonder if there is any software/utility that allows us good fan control. :smileysad:

Lets hope for a reply from other lenovo users

Token Ring
leshcat

i can only recommend you ATI Tray Tools for gpu, but when i try to run it i get bsod.
SCSI Port
markozutic

y560 FAN CONTROL

Anybody to suggest working utility that

an help me knock my cooler at 100% when im playing games? cause laptop gets pretty hot, (70C but coolers maximum RPM at that temeprature is like 60% ) i'd like to raise it a litle bit, 
im on bios 59

Token Ring
leshcat

Re: y560 FAN CONTROL

i believe that lenovo's coolers are uncontrollable...unless you ll understand the BIOS, find there SUBBIOS of videocard and Change The System Cooling parameters to your taste.

And then Flash It. :smileyhappy: I must say its all real and if you have skill its matter of couple of hours.
SCSI Port
markozutic

nawh, no skills in editing bios files.. :smileytongue:
if i had i'd change so much :smileyvery-happy:

Token Ring
leshcat

no doubt..but better dont touch...especially with such "support".