Support in other languages: 
Paper Tape
yamalight

ideapad y560 fan problem

Hi!

I bought IdeaPad y560 with i7 and radeon 5730 like 5 monthes ago. Everything was fine until now. For some reason internal fan does not speed up when you put more stress on hardware and now i have like 50 degrees normal temperature inside. And if I try to run game, OS crashes because of gpu failure (it gets up to 70 degrees).

Using Win 7 x64 ultimate + latest bios + latest catalyst drivers.

Any help would be apreciated.

Community Moderator
yigit

Re: ideapad y560 fan problem

it'd be nice if you post your bios and driver versions.
do you get bluescreen? please, check system logs for errors.
( right click my computer > manage > event logs )

performing clean windows installation may help you to solve the issue.

also, take a look at the thread below :
http://forum.lenovo.com/t5/IdeaPad-Y-U-B-V-and-Z-series/Y560-fan-running/m-p/288116#M27363

http://www.krasotaiskusstva.com
Punch Card
khaledseif

Re: newer discussion y560 display issues

bios 71 has a serious fan control problem at least for me.

Paper Tape
nvmvoidrays

random, excessive fan noise on Y560 ideapad

yo. i recently purchased a Y560 ideapad and randomly, the fan will kick into high gear and vibrate the laptop and sound like the fan is hitting the side when it whirls. ironically, if this happened during gaming or high stress, i'd just smile and nod it away because it's obviously the fan kicking into high gear because of overheating. however, the problem is during gaming, the fan speeds up a touch, to just audible, but its never no where near this loud. the loud, intermittent fan problem only happens during idling, for some reason. the latest issue cropped up today, about an hour previous when i had just turned on the machine and it suddenly started whirling. immediately, i shut it down and waited a good fifteen minutes and it seemed the fan had cooled itself off. now, its running fine. could anyone aid in this issue? the BIOS is the defaultly shipped one, the graphics drivers are the latest. i can supply a dxdiag if needed, etc. i do use this laptop for some gaming, but its nothing extremely heavy. LoL, some GW, etc. nothing that couldn't be run on a four year old machine. any help would be appreciated.
Community Moderator
yigit

Re: random, excessive fan noise on Y560 ideapad

[ Edited ]

@ all

please, take a look at the first page.

Punch Card
khaledseif

You moved my post to this thread even though i have a different problem. The new BIOS 71 with the new ATI driver does not properly control the fan under normal condition, it rarely initiate the fan. under normal graphics load the laptop shuts down.

I had to go to bios 59 again.

NB Do not ever use the backup file created during flash, it will lead to a corrupted board.

Community Moderator
yigit

[ Edited ]

@ khaledseif

i've just moved it due to it's not display issue. ( fan control )

Punch Card
khaledseif

Not an over running fan as in the thread, it is an under running fan that could be harmful if it turn out to be a BIOS error.

Paper Tape
nvmvoidrays

so, you want us to update to the .58 BIOS version? unfortunately, its not hosted there anymore. its strange, though. i can play games fine, but idling makes the fan go insane. ironic, that. would re-enabling ALS help? i think i have it disabled, atm, or i uninstalled the software necessary for the program to run.
Community Moderator
yigit

[ Edited ]