Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Blue Screen Again
LJO1306

Y560- powersupply, system discs, AND manual were all in CHINESE, not standard U.S/English

I bought my Y560 from main Lenovo website from the states but ALL my accessories are Chinese

- chinese powerchord (not the standard US 2 prong or 3 prong)

- all 4 recovery discs, when I put them in- ALL prompts were chinese characters

- Any paper I had- the quick fix, how to get started manual, etc were in CHINESE

Has anyone else had this problem and if so, how was it resolved?

Tech support and customer service keep bouncing me back and forth. This is ridiculous, have computer but can't use. Have spent over 20 hrs on the phone w/ Lenovo w/ very little encouraging words b/c the call reps are not understanding the problem.  I'd understand maybe if I got this from amazon or an odd website but am shocked it happened when I got the system directly from Lenovo.

Looking forward to being less confused & annoyed. Thanks!

LJO

Community Moderator
yigit

Re: Y560- powersupply, system discs, AND manual were all in CHINESE, not standard U.S/English

let's see what i can do about it.

please, stay connected.

due to my absence, i may not reply your posts and/or personal messages

http://www.ki-themes.com
Retired Employee
JameZ

Re: Y560- powersupply, system discs, AND manual were all in CHINESE, not standard U.S/English

Hi LJO1306,

Could you PM me the following information and I will log this to the team to look into this case.

Name:
Mobile:
Email:
Serial Number:

//JameZ

Check out the Community Knowledge Base for hints and tips.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!

If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

W520 | 4176-38U | i7 - 2720QM | Quardo 1000M | 8GB RAM | 60GB OCZ Agility 3