Support in other languages: 
Fanfold Paper
Y560laptop

Y560 screen connection problems unbareable.... laptop is almost useless

[ Edited ]

So the Y560 was the first laptop I have ever owned. I am a a college student that saved for a long time to puchase this laptop for school. I did research on the Y560 and it was a "great" laptop.... by that i mean it had great features for a good price compared to comprable laptops. I was under the impression i was buying a quality laptop boy i don't think iv ever been so wrong.

I don't move my laptop it sits on a desk and looks pretty. Currently my screen must either be shotty or have a bad connection. Every time i open it i am now faced with a black sometimes blueish flickering and just nonsense moving pixel lines. I would have to tinker with the screen and it would go away. The screen problems began with one yellow pixel line slightly right of the middle of the screen. The line is one pixel wide and runs vertically on the screen. I have have about 8 lines scattered across the screen ranging from pink to yellow to a aqua. Those were extremely annoying but managable. This new problem is unbareable. The screen now has all kinds of white lines(in addition to the color lines) in it that make doing almost anything impossible. Its hard to look at, hard to read, and frustrating. Tinkering with the screen no longer elps only makes it worse. Help! is this a cable, the screen, or just the junk lenovo has sold as a laptop. Below is a picture. The left hand side.... yes all of that bright white is the problem and the pixel lines are the colored ones.

Link to picture

Moderator note; subject edxited at member's request, picture(s) totalling >50K converted to link(s) Forum Rules

Fanfold Paper
Y560laptop

Re: Y560 screen connection problems unbareable.... laptop is almost useless

[ Edited ]

no help anyP?

andyP
Topics: 185
Kudos: 680
Solutions: 609

[ Edited ]

Sorry, but I'm not aquainted with the Y560 and it's different versions and components.  Have you contacted service?

I've sent you some advice by PM, please click on the red envelope at the top of the boards.

Andy  

Please remember to come back and mark the post that you feel solved your question as the solution, it earns the member + points

Did you find a post helpfull? You can thank the member by clicking on the star to the left awarding them Kudos
Please add your type, model number and OS to your signature, it helps to help you. Forum Search Option

T430 2347-G7U W8 x64, Tablet 1838-2BG, T61p 6460-67G W7 x64, T43p 2668-G2G XP, T23 2647-9LG XP, plus a few more.
FYI Unsolicited Personal Messages will be ignored.

de.gif  Deutsche Community   es.gif  Comunidad en Español  uk.gif  English Community

PepperonI blog 

Fanfold Paper
Y560laptop

could this problem just be the LCD is dying?

Fanfold Paper
Y560laptop

does any one have any ideas?

Broadband 3G
countrywise

Hi,

you don't mention the date you purchased the laptop.

İf it's still in warranty,don't wait any longer.

Ask for a refund,or return it to be serviced.

Good luck.

Fanfold Paper
Y560laptop

its not under warranty. Anyone have any thoughts?
Fanfold Paper
Y560laptop

please guys i really need help....

802.11n
velenoso666

Have you tried hooking it up to external monitor to see if it's your screen that's the problem or something worse? 

Fanfold Paper
Y560laptop

Yes i hooked up a external monitor and it had perfect picture. It is the the laptop screen or cable to it, the lines disappear and reappear when wiggling or shifting the laptop screen.