Support in other languages: 
Fanfold Paper
Y560laptop

Re: Y560 screen connection problems unbareable.... laptop is almost useless

Please Help! Can you purchase oem parts for this laptop? School has stared and i need my laptop. Any ideas would be useful!
Token Ring
Kris237

The connection between the laptop and the monitor is obviously flakey. This happens over time.

The fix will probably take a while - take it to where you bought it / take it to a Bestbuy / send it to Lenovo / somewhere where someone will try to fix it.

Y560laptop

I just want to know where to buy the parts.
Punch Card
Topjack

Re: Y560 screen connection problems unbareable.... Laptop is almost useless

New parts will be very hard to come by, and often you can find parts laptops on EBay. I had an Asus that needed some parts and EBay is where I find a used broken unit that had the parts I needed. Other than that I believe only authorized repair places will be able to get new parts. Good luck

Fanfold Paper
Y560laptop

Could anyone help troubleshoot more please

Token Ring
Kris237

Does the screen change when you move the screen - open/close?

Y560laptop

like turn on and off? yes. i made the screen shot black so you would see the white lines. If i push on the corners and bend the screen slightly then the lines will change with the bending
Token Ring
Kris237

[ Edited ]

no, I was wondering if the lines / distortion changed as you moved the screen just a little bit.  Nope. So probably not loose connection.  So have to replace LCD or whatever. Send it to Lenovo or take it to BestBuy.  I would probably buy a cheap new i3 Lenovo to get me by in the meantime.

My V570 is about a year old so just out of curiosity I was out pricing Lenovos today. - went for $625 (I paid $599) when I bought it (plus 2yr BBY warranty.) $529 today and the current cpu is a slight i5 upgrade over mine.

If this one dies, I'll snag a new one from BBY and then give them the old one to repair as a spare on warranty.  Unless it lasts until Win8 64

It does impress me that the only Lenovo that BBY stocks in their stores (that I know of) is the V570 i5.  You can order lots of other ones(Lenovos), but I like the idea of walk 5 blocks, walk into the store, get a Lenovo, and walk home - The old instant gratification thing!!!!

I also have to have the external eSATA jack for my external HD backups.

Y560laptop

No the lines / distortion do change when moving the screen slightly. i believe it is a connection problem and possibly screen issue in additon to connection. I am not interested in going to have it repaired... i just need to get ahold of the parts.
Token Ring
Kris237

you may not need parts - you may just need to fix the connection.

How experienced are you at taking very complex things apart with no one, even online, to help?

Old Y560 support downloads page 

http://consumersupport.lenovo.com/us/en/DriversDownloads/drivers_list.aspx?CategoryID=661448

old Y560 user guides and manuals

http://consumersupport.lenovo.com/us/en/UserGuide/Guide_list.aspx?CategoryID=661448

you want the hardware maintenance manual

if you have a Y560p select the appropriate manuals (no I have no idea how to tell).

"old" only because they're trying to upgrade their site.  trying!  They haven't yet.

Neither I nor anyone else here can give you any help whatsoever on this project.

You will likely destroy your laptop.  That MUST be your assumption.

My personal experience is 30+ years of DIY desktops, and taking apart a couple of circa 2000 non-Lenovo laptops, which eventually died on the operating table.  They were sourced from GoodWill, so I didn't care.  I can provide no help whatsoever on a Lenovo Y560. Unless you give it to me as a freebee.  And never expect it back.  They look like Swiss watches inside.  That's why I bought a BestBuy 2yr they fix it warranty.

I am trying to be harsh because I don't want you blaming anyone for a pile of unfixable junk, and it is very easy for one of these laptops, current, any mfgr, to become one.