Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Paper Tape
nylbfc78

Y560D blue screen and freeze problem!

I have a problem with the Y560D. I will go either blue screen or the whole system freeze no matter you are in internet explorer or just log into the home screen of Window.

I suspect this problem happened after i ugrade the driver of my display card. Below is the display card details obtained from "dxdiag". After the crash happened, i have unistalled the display driver from my system and restart the system with "onekey rescue system" button. But it didn't resolve the problem, the blue screen and window freeze are still presist while surfing on internet explorer. Below is the current display driver information as obtained from "dxdiag"

Display card: ATI mobility Radeon HD 5730

version:8.702.5.0

I am seeking help immediately to resolve this isue with my new purchased laptop from Lenovo. Please help!

Community Moderator
yigit

Re: Y560D blue screen and freeze problem!

press f8 ( when you see lenovo logo ) to load on safe mode and un-install graphic card drivers, restart your computer and re-install graphic drivers.

http://www.ki-themes.com
Paper Tape
NEOLen

I'm facing the same problem and so is my friend whom I suggested to buy this laptop and now I'm regretting for suggesting Lenovo. There is no use contacting Lenovo about this. Its a known issue to Lenovo with many users complaining and Lenovo ignores the customers completely and still keep selling this model without any fix.

After multiple attempts(3 times) of sending to Lenovo, they send it back saying everything looks good and will have a blue screen or freeze once in every day. There is no use in talking to to Lenovo customer care, its better to trash this laptop( and brand) and move on to a different brand.

Community Moderator
yigit

@ neolen
let me contact lenovo staffs. maybe there's something they can do.

http://www.ki-themes.com
Retired Employee
Serge1410

hey all,

just curious to know, what happens if the current graphic driver is uninstalled and letting windows install its generic drivers...

does the blue screen and freeze occur ?

WW Social Media
Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
Have you checked out the Community Knowledgebase yet?!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.