06-05-2012 12:27 AM
When I try to change the brightness using Fn+up/down the animation bar won't move and more importantly the brightness doesn't change either. I then tried adjusting brightness through lenovo's power management no avail. In another word, I can't change the brightness of my laptop at all.
I have tried:
uninstalling intel video driver then installing the latest one
installed the intel video driver from lenovo's site
reinstalled power management software from lenovo site
tried different intel video driver versions (as most advised had pointed me to this being the issue)
All other Fn+ shortcut works, including volume just not brightness also I am uncertain if it is a model of 0862 or not, it does say it under the laptop but it doesn't really make it obvious that THIS IS A 0862 model.
Any advise would be great, thanks
06-05-2012 03:39 AM - edited 06-05-2012 03:42 AM
You also mention that you
tried adjusting brightness through lenovo's power management
Did you actually click on the icon in the Task bar,
and clicked 'adjust screen brightness?
Then try this:
go to 'Control Panel' > 'Appearance and Personalization' > 'Display'>top left'Adjust Brightness'
the slider is at the bottom of the page,where you can slide it and adjust it.to your liking
06-05-2012 04:41 AM
You must have a clean Windows installation, then install everything in the proper order otherwise it won't work
and you HAVE to use the drivers from Lenovo for the Intel HD Graphics, if you had previously installed the ones frmo Windows update by mistake, it will cause an issue
Follow the guide it has everything from A-Z
06-05-2012 05:04 AM
06-05-2012 05:08 AM
06-05-2012 05:23 AM
Ok, fixed, windows system restore to 3 days ago.
Thanks for all the help anyways... there must be a windows update somewhere that have caused it. mmm
06-05-2012 05:24 AM - edited 06-05-2012 05:25 AM
Do what I do bro, even though it may sound tedious at first, it will save you a lot of hassle in the long run
1) Make a Windows DVD using the guide I posted above
2) Install Windows
3) Install the latest drivers from the guide I posted in that same order and reboot after every driver, do not take any shortcuts please thinking you dont need to restart
4) after everything is configured right and working, create an image of your entire C: Partition using a disk imaging software such as Macrium Reflect (free option) or Acronis True Image (if you don't mind paying for the best)
5) After the image is created, proceed to install all your other aps
6) anything goes wrong in the future, simply restore the image your created and your back to point 1 with everything working perfectly within 10 minuets
06-05-2012 05:29 AM - edited 06-05-2012 05:31 AM
Your O.S İS w7 RİGHT?
No,NOT adjust resolution,
the entry just below that should be,
clicking on that,AT THE BOTTOM of the page,
there should be a slider,where you can adjust the screen brightness.
Check it again.