Support in other languages: 
Blue Screen Again
pit_ns

Y570 2xusb 3.0 don't work...

[ Edited ]

Hi I have problem with USB 3.0 ports, when I plugging my devices they are shown for second in my computer(my USB hard drive) and disappear after that. Another example is that when i plugin something it is disconnected and connected and again disconnected and so on... Also I have noticed that when I plugin my harddrive which is USB 3.0 and I touch disk or its cable its disconnected too. I see that it has power because disk has little led which still works. I have tried to install newest drivers from you website but it didn't help. Any idea how can I solve my issue, do I have to send it back ??? 

And solution from that page is no good too...

http://consumersupport.lenovo.com/ot/en/hintsandtips/hints_show_13074323989662.html

I thought maybe i will update bios so i downloaded the newest one and what ? i got message: "The version of Rom file isn't newer than that of BIOS", not sure how i can have newer version than one on the website but well what can i say...

Community Moderator
yigit

Re: You 2xusb 3.0 don't work...

make sure your device working properly first. if you can test it with another computer, it'd be better to help us to help you.
about the bios, it sometimes happens.

by the way, which model of lenovo do you have?

http://www.krasotaiskusstva.com
Blue Screen Again
pit_ns

Re: Y570 2xusb 3.0 don't work...

[ Edited ]

I have lenovo y570. Yes I will try to test it but unfortunately I don't know anybody who has USB 3.0....Hard drive works properly when i plugin it into usb 2.0. I have problems only with those usb 3.0 ports.  Another thing is when I plugin in 2.0 wireless adapter into usb3.0 port it gets disconnected and connected and so on like my hard drive. Not sure how to solve it.

Community Moderator
yigit

i assume that you tried to re-install/update drivers from lenovo download page. can you check if issue persist on safe mode?

What's DOS?
steffenf

No, it's not the driver.

No, it doesn't have anything to do with USB 3.0 drives use too much power (as stated by the Lenovo tech support).

Here is the reason for the problem (on Windows 7): If you plug in two identical drives, Windows 7 thinks that it is the same drive.

To make Windows recognize them as separate:

1) Plug in one of the drives (only one!)

2) Click Start, right-click on Computer and select Manage.

3) Click on Disk Management. If asked to initialize a disk, click Cancel.

4) Locate the 3.0 drive, right-click on the right-hand part, select Change Drive Letter and Path, and assign a different drive letter to it.

5) Plug in the second drive.

Credits: Western Digital Tech support gave me the solution.

Paper Tape
mattheus

Dear all,

I'M having a constant issue with my brand new Y570.

All functions are fine (drivers up to date as well) however I experience some strange things around my USB 3.0 slots.

After 20-25 minutes of using (Logitech Mouse USB adapater and iPhone cable are connected at the same time) suddenly it stops working..... I mean there is no control option from Mouse side and also the charging stops at the iPhone side.

Both USB 3.0 works again if I perform a complete reboot.

The drivers are up to date, Mobo driver also installed. This issue appears 2-3 times a week, so not all day, however bit annoying.

Does anyone has any clue what can cause this?

Many thanks!

Máté

Paper Tape
mattheus

Any idea regarding to the mentioned issue above?

Thx.

Community Moderator
yigit

hi mate,

can you tell us which version of bios you have? also have you tried to re-install/update intel chipset drivers?

Paper Tape
mattheus

[ Edited ]

Hi,

My BIOS version is (2.08) - 47CN30WW (original), which is newer what I found at Support page :smileyfrustrated: (2.06)

The chipset dirver is the same what I found at Lenovo Support.

Punch Card
oncoskun

y570 usb 3.0 hub couldn't found?

[ Edited ]

I have Lenovo y570 with s/n=*****, I tried to install Renesas Electronics USB 3.0 Host but it says hub couldn't found? Does it have usb 3.0 port?

serial numbers removed for your own protection