Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
Blue Screen Again
tman777

Y570 BSOD DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

[ Edited ]

I have an Ideapad Y570 that I purchased in Jan 2012. I'm getting a BSOD with DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL that mentions iastor.sys. The memory dump fails and then the machine restarts. If I boot into Windows Home Premium normally the system is fine until the next time that I restart it. Upon restart the system will crash within 10 minutes.

Below is a photo I took of the BSOD. Any ideas?

Moderator Note: oversize image converted to link per forum rules: Lenovo Community Participation Rules

sameerbhan
Topics: 2
Kudos: 16
Solutions: 10

Re: Y570 BSOD DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

This error occurs due to the compatibility issue with software or drivers.

I suggest you to please restart the system and press F8 key and choose the Last Known Good Configuration. It re-stores registry information and driver settings that were in effect the last time the system started successfully.

After that restart, the system and check if the issue resolved.

Regards,

Sameer 

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution".! This will help the rest of the Community with similar issues identify the verified solution and benefit from it.

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!

Community Moderator
yigit

http://forum.lenovo.com/t5/IdeaPad-Y-U-V-and-Z-series/BSOD-Y550-please-help/m-p/604853#M46144

due to my absence, i may not reply your posts and/or personal messages

http://www.ki-themes.com
Paper Tape
janbruckner

Betreff: Y570 BSOD DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

Hi, did you found the solution? I have the same problem - NVIDIA driver updated, BIOS new - don't no what should i do :smileysad:

Blue Screen Again
tman777

Betreff: Y570 BSOD DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL

I haven't found the problem yet but I'm glad to know I'm not alone. For the moment I just try not to restart the computer but rather but it to sleep. From the comments I've gotten so far it sounds like finding the solution is going to be a pain in the butt.
Blue Screen Again
tman777

The problem with that solution is the amount of time required to get back to where I am now in terms of installed software etc... Is there really no tool that can help pin these errors down a bit?
Paper Tape
janbruckner

i just tried to download and instal separatly drivers from intel and nvidia, bios i would not reinstall because on the web older than in my comp

Paper Tape
janbruckner

soft instaled on your PC? on my after - COMODO, AVAST, OFFICE, MOZILLA and FIREFOX do you have something from that?

Blue Screen Again
tman777

Only Avast.
Paper Tape
janbruckner

sh... i'll try to go before avast instalation