Support in other languages: 
Blue Screen Again
harleydraco8

Y570 Ideapad turns itself on automatically

Hello,

I'm having an issue with my new Ideapad Y570.  When I try to Shut Down or put my laptop in sleep mode, it will immediately turn itself back on within a few seconds.  For example, on shut down, it will go through the shut down process.  As soon as all of the lights are off (indicator that shut down was complete) they all come back on again and the system boots itself up.  Pretty much as if I did a restart.

I did check the BIOS for a wake on LAN connection or any other wake settings, but didn't see them.  Just to be sure though, i disabled the Wi Fi connector and unplugged the wired cable and tried.  Received the same results.

checked windows tasks and found one titled HotStart.  Disabled it and had the same results.

I checked my advanced power settings and the wake options are all disabled.

Any ideas?

Add'l background:  I did reformat the laptop as soon as I received it.  I installed Win7 ultimate to the solid state drive, using the SATA as a secondary.  I also installed all Lenovo Drivers specific to my system after the reformat.

Thanks for the help!

-Josh

Retired Employee
Serge1410

Re: Y570 Ideapad turns itself on automatically

hey hayleydraco8,

welcome to the forums,

did you make a recovery disc before reformatting your drive ? As i would like you to do a factory recovery of your unit and to see if the problem occurs.

also, head off to >> http://consumersupport.lenovo.com/us/en/DriversDownloads/drivers_list.aspx?CategoryID=867235

cross check the software/drivers on your unit with the page above and update accordingly.

WW Social Media
Important Note: If you need help, post your question in the forum, and include your system type, model number and OS. Do not post your serial number.

Did someone help you today? Press the star on the left to thank them with a Kudo!
If you find a post helpful and it answers your question, please mark it as an "Accepted Solution"!

Follow @LenovoForums on Twitter!
Have you checked out the Community Knowledgebase yet?!
How to send a private message? --> Check out this article.
Blue Screen Again
harleydraco8

Re: Y570 Ideapad turns itself on automatically

Thanks for the suggestion.  I'd really rather not restore back to factory default.  I want the SSD to be my primary drive and the factory settings put it as secondary.

I did download all of the latest drivers already.  Good idea though.  thanks!