Support in other languages: 
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Do you mean 
What's DOS?
jacosajh

Y570 SSD Questions

I couldn't find anything definitive anywhere, just bits and pieces and I would like to know once and for all so I don't make a bad purchase.

What I would like is to purchase a Crucial M4 SSD 64GB for my Lenovo Y570.

I wanted to know if:

1. The Y570 is SATA III compatible. AFIK, the Intel HM65 chipset is SATA III compatible. I wanted verification. If it's not, a Crucial M4 would be a waste, and I would just get a SATA II.

2. Does the Y570 have a 2nd HDD bay? Opening up the back panel, I only see one HDD bay, but it seems Lenovo is selling both a HDD and SSD at the same time on some of the models. Is it just the internal that's different?

I have seen the bay that replaces the optical drive, but I would like not to have to do that. The model with the HDD and SSD seem to have an optical drive included, so I don't think that's what Lenovo did.

Any help would be truly appreciated!

Serial Port
comsax1

Re: Y570 SSD Questions

My Y560p has a place for a msata drive or mini pci express in the same compartment as the sata HDD, I would think if there's a place............ but you had better ask someone on lenovo team.Wikipedia says specifically that the Y560p is compatable anong with some think pads.